S3 E2

Hawk and I have gotten really into Cobra Kai recently. We spend most of our free nights here, except for date nights. Karate mostly stays out of our date nights. The rest of the guys at Cobra Kai have all gotten used to me being back so I have a bunch of new friends.

Kreese is giving us a speech at practice, "Life isn't always fair. Sometimes the world can be cruel, and that's why you have to learn to be cruel yourselves. Weakness is unacceptable," he starts shouting at us now. "The fight at the school was an embarrassment. You lost soldiers and you lost the battle." I make eye contact with Hawk as we're both thinking the same thing. That fight was rough for the both of us, and we lost Miguel, Aisha, and Tory. I look back towards Kreese as he continues, "Diaz was one of our own. What they did to him, they did to all of us." When one of us gets hurt, we all get hurt. "And it will not go unanswered. We will show no mercy, we will show no weakness. We will strike back and we will strike hard! Is that clear?"

"Yes sensei," we all shout back.

"I can't hear you."

"Yes sensei!" Kreese smiles.

~~~

We're in class a couple days later, fooling around because we just finished up. Hawk pretends to
try and flip me so I grab his arm and twist it behind his back. I hold him to my chest, "That was too easy."

He laughs, "I wasn't even trying."

I let him go as Kreese walks out of his office, "Class. You worked hard today. So before you go, I have a little treat for you. I want to introduce you to a friend of mine," he pulls a mouse out from behind his back.

"Aw," the rest of the guys find it cute. I don't like mice.

"Cool, what's its name?" Bert asks him.

"I don't know, what should it be?" Kreese looks around the room.

"Hawk Junior." I chuckle at Hawk's answer, not surprised he would want to name it after himself.

Kreese looks at Bert, "Bert what do you think?"

"Um, Clarence?"

"Clarence," Kreese nods. "Good. Here take him," Kreese hands the mouse to Bert.

Bert brings the mouse right up to his face, "He's so cute guys." What is this? I thought we were the toughest dojo in the valley. How is getting a pet mouse supposed to help us at all?

"You know it's almost lunchtime," Kreese says lightly.

"Ooh, can I feed him?" Bert is way too excited about this pet mouse. How has he not gotten kicked out yet?

"No," Kreese walks over to a box that's been covered with a sheet. "But you can feed him," he pulls off the sheet, revealing the snake in the box.

Hawk and I smirk at each other. It's so cool that we have a snake in our dojo, we should've bought one a long time ago. I look at Bert and my eyebrows raise as I realize something.

"What does he like to eat?" Bert asks Kreese.

"He likes to eat Clarence." Bert gasps at Kreese's answer. Kreese waves a hand at him, "It's okay. Come on."

Bert steps closer, holding the mouse in his hands. Kreese lifts the top of the cage for Bert to drop the mouse into, but Bert wimps out. "I can't."

Kreese smiles, "It's okay. I understand, Clarence is your friend. It's okay to object. Who else objects?" A handful of guys raise their hands. "You're off the team. Get out!" Kreese shouts at all of the guys that objected.

"But," Bert tries to object but Kreese steps closer to him.

"I said out. Get," Kreese nods his head towards the door. I feel a little bit bad for Bert. He's been on the team since the start, he was at my first tournament and I've trained with him for almost a year. Hawk glances at me and I can tell that he's feeling guilty too.