Episode 7

Miguel and I were waiting near Sam's locker for her, he was finally ready to ask her out.

"You got this, Miggy," I tell him.

He laughs, "What if she says no?"

"Then convince her to say yes, you're a great guy and she deserves a great guy." Wait a second, "Don't push her though, read between the lines, know when defeat does exist. Because while defeat may not exist, no definitely means no."

He nods, "Okay." Then we see Sam walk up to her locker, "Wish me luck." He walks up to her, I can kind of hear what they're saying but I turn around to make it not so obvious that I'm eavesdropping.

"Hey Sam," he says to her.

"Hey."

"Hey, I didn't realize this was your locker." Really Miggy?

"Yup, that- that's me." She chuckles, but I'm turned around so I can't tell if it was an uncomfortable chuckle.

"Anyways uh, glad I ran into you. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I mean not a lot a lot, just the normal amount that someone would think about someone else." Miguel, you started off strong, then you lost it. Poor guy.

Sam laughs, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, um. I mean, I was... Do you wanna go out on a date with me?"

"Oh. Um, Miguel that's really sweet. I mean, I would like to, but with everything that happened with Kyler I'm taking a break from dating right now." Fair enough. I had my share of that whole situation so I know where she's coming from. I honestly didn't know whether or not she was going to say yes because I didn't want to ask her and risk ruining Miguel's moment.

"Yeah, no I get it."

"But I'll see you in class?" Common Sam, he's so nice! Take that back.

"Yeah, perfect. Okay, see you in class." She turns to her locker and I turn around to see Miguel walking towards me.

"Go back," I mouth at him. "Turn around."

He waves his arms weirdly and then walks back to Sam. "What if it's not a date?" He says. I swing around so fast when Sam turns back towards him. "What if it's just two people, hanging out at the same place, having fun separately, but together."

"That sounds like a date," Sam laughs.

"Really? It wouldn't be a date."

She sighs, "If it's not a date, then I guess it sounds like it could be fun." Woohoo!

"Great," Miguel says. "What about tonight?"

Sam chuckles, "Pick me up at eight."

"Yeah, Totally!" With what car, Miguel? He remembers this as he turns back to Sam, "I have a bike."

Sam pauses, "Uh, okay. Then I'll pick you up."

"Okay yeah."

She leaves and when the coast is clear, I go running up to Miguel. "You got the date!"

"I got the date." He looks shocked.

"Good job, player." I punch his arm lightly and he laughs.

~~~

I put my stuff in my locker after school, getting ready to go home. I'm about to put on my backpack when I get picked up from behind and spun around in a hug. I see to turn to see Hawk, with his brightly coloured mohawk. He's smiling at me, "Hey Ri, you coming to class today? I noticed you haven't been in awhile."

I shake my head, "I quit after your first two lessons, actually I never started. It's not my thing."

"You keep saying that but it could be your thing," Hawk says, trying to convince me to go back.