And with that, the aftermath of the battle against the Sin Archbishop of Lust had entered a new phase, which would take place in a much different setting.

Time Skip

'(Y/N), I do not want to stay in this place for a funeral. There are many things that I can accomplish instead of standing around and pretending to grieve for somebody who I have never known. Find a good excuse for my departure, since I want my leave to be associated with you instead of me.'

'Echidna, if you want to leave, then tell them yourself! I'm not going to be your scapegoat, so figure it out yourself. You're really smart so something like that shouldn't be hard at all.'

'Well, you see, asking you was my first option. I suppose that I will initiate my second plan.'

You sighed and glanced at Omega, who was standing outside of the dragon carriage with you. She gave no sign that she wanted to leave, so it would be impossible to tell what her true thoughts were unless someone were you.

At this point, Garfiel had shown signs of waking up, but he wasn't fully conscious yet. This meant that somebody had to carry him inside of Crusch's mansion, which was currently working to block the rays of the rising sun from blinding you.

Surprisingly, Elsa had volunteered to carry the demi human to his room. According to her, "This boy had his body reeeaaally broken, but I missed all of the action! If I hold him, I can almost sense the echoes of the snapping bones and the dripping of fresh blood!"

She then licked her lips and carried Garfiel without issue, and she was now the first of the group to head towards the entrance, with Meili following closely.

Wilhelm was slowly walking with intense focus on the precious ashes that he was still holding. Since he was no longer protected by the Divine Protection of Wind Evasion, he had to make sure that not even a speck of his wife's remains left his trembling hands.

Subaru waited for you and Omega to exit the passenger seats so that he could keep an eye on the latter instead of following either of them.

When she noticed this, Beatrice humphed. "What did Subaru ask you, I suppose? It was probably idiotic, in fact." This question was directed to Omega, who looked amused by the fact that Beatrice was talking to her. 

"Let me see..." Omega put a finger up to her lip and acted like she was seriously contemplating telling the truth. Of course, this was just a way to make Subaru anxious since he obviously hadn't told Beatrice about the mysterious woman's true identity. 

Just as she planned, Subaru started to sweat a little. "Y-you're spot on, Beako!" He announced. "I asked her if she would like to join our camp because Emilia-tan could surely use another hot gir- I mean, another strong gir- I mean, someone actually usefu- I mean, uh... more people!"

Subaru smiled widely and hoped that Beatrice wouldn't press on.

"You are stupid, I suppose," Beatrice sighed. "But if you don't want to tell Betty, then that is fine. There must be a good reason, so your judgment won't be wasted, in fact."

"Smart girl!" Omega remarked. "Treat her well, Natsuki Subaru." Turning around, she grabbed your hand. "Come on, (Y/N). There are certain things that I would like to ask you about The Crusaders."

Even though you had no choice in this, you still said, "Sure thing!" as Omega pulled you away from Subaru and Beatrice. Capella's wrapped head swung from side to side as if it weren't anything significant - just like how a child would swing an insignificant grocery bag, which produced an odd sight.

As the distance between the two contracted parties grew, Subaru mumbled, "But I'm a co-leader of that...Hmm- OW! What was that for?!"

Beatrice had kicked Subaru in the shin, causing him to stop his mumbling.