|24|

MAIDUGURI, NIGERIA.

"I've said my own Malik! my grandkids are not going anywhere." Grandpa said trying his best to maintain his calm.

He was running out of patience.

In front of this monster in form of a man.

"The audacity you have Malik!" Yakaka fumed.

"I'm sorry to say this Baba, but islamically i have more rights over my kids than anyone." Alhaji Malik said.

"Can you for once here yourself Malik??? What rubbish are you exactly saying? Please don't test my patience now! i beg of you." Yakaka screeched.

"You know you had more rights over the kids but you tortured them as if you didn't birthed them? i can't believe this!"

"We won't let him kill the kids like he killed their mother, our poor innocent Fatimah." Yagumsu, Yakaka's co-wife chirped in.

"So before i lose my temper or say anything that will hurt you, kindly leave my presence Malik!" Grandpa said.

"Allah ya huci zuciyar ku; i leave in peace." He said and rose up from the rug.

"But mind you, my kids are still my kids! and one day i will surely get them! take that as my oath." He added which made Yakaka to gasp.

Something was definitely wrong with this man!

He turned to leave when his eyes met with that of his kids in their school uniforms. Ariana looked at him with a tear filled eye, however he exited the parlor without sparing them another look.

"Grandpa don't tell me you're taking us back? Please don't, i will die if you take me back to Kano." Ariana trembled.

"Shush, nobody will take you back there okay?" Grandpa said gathering her in his arms.

Yagumsu smiled and held the twins to her chest. "Nobody is taking you back to Kano; you will only go for visitations okay." She smiled.

"Okay." They all nodded.

"Go to your rooms and freshen up, lunch is ready!
yallah." Yakaka said and they all left to their rooms.

"Ya Allah, what type of a heart does Malik possess?" Yakaka said bewildered.

Ariana sighed when she entered her room. She stripped her uniform and sashayed into the bathroom to take an afternoon bath! Maiduguri's temperature can pass that of the sahara.

She rounded up and performed ablution before coming out wrapped in a pink fluffy towel that stopped in her thigh the same time one of her male cousins barged into the room.

"Innanilahi!" Ariana squealed grabbing the nearest material on the bed and covered her chest.

"What's wrong with you Abul? how can you just barge into a lady's room without a salam?!" Ariana yelled.

"I'm so sorry Mi'lady." He smiled raising his hands in surrender.

"Out!" She yelled.

Abul checked her out before shamelessly licking his tongue. "Sixteen year old with an adult body! you're really endowed baby!." He smirked.

"Abul!!!!out!! Now!!!!" Ariana screamed and he was out of the room within a second.

"Shameless people everywhere." Ariana sighed and proceed to get ready. She prayed her zuhr prayer and spent her time praying for her late mother before rosing up from the prayer mat.

She smiled when she remembered Asma once scribbled her phone number on a paper for her. She had said that whenever Ariana got a phone of her own she could call. So she pulled out her school bag and took the paper out before dialing the number.

"Assalamu Alaikum Asma, it's Ariana."

"Arianaaaaa!" Asma screamed.

Ariana chuckled. "Yes it's me! how are you doing?"

"I'm not fine! How could you just leave without telling me? i went to your house last week and your stepmother insulted me and told me you've relocated to Maiduguri?"

"Yes i am! i'm in my grandparents house and i'm so sorry for not telling you Asma, it all came unannounced" Ariana said.

"I'm glad you're finally happy Ariana." Asma smiled.

"Yes Asma, i am, very." And that was how they spent hours talking before they got tired and ended the call.

EMIR'S PALACE.
KANO, NIGERIA.

"Is that good with you Aryan?" Sultana asked holding his hands into hers.

"Yes Mom, i'm okay with whatever you suggest." Aryan smiled.

"I can work from home  In Sha Allah Mom."

Sultana smiled and held his hands. "Thank you son, Aira needs you the most during this time."

"In Sha Allah! your daughter will get everything she deserves and more."

"Silly." Sultana laughed.

"If not for his highness i would've suggest you both move back to Abuja but knowing he will never welcome the idea i didn't even tried talking to him." She sighed.

"It's okay Mom, nothing will ever happen In Sha Allah, we're all here for Aira." Aryan reassured squeezing her hands in his.

Sultana smiled. "In Sha Allah."

Aryan left the Queen's chamber to his where he met his wife on the couch with three maids massaging her body.

"Babe is it the body ache again?" He smiled and peck her on her cheeks. He dismissed the maids and scooped her in his arms.

"Do you perhaps need a spa?" He asked nuzzling her nose with his.

"Yes please your highness." She giggled.

He chuckled and entered the bathroom with her still on his arms, he stripped off her clothes and dropped her in the jaccuzi bath which was contained with foamy water.

He knelt and took her hands in his before starting to massage it gently. "I might not know how to do it the way the professionals does but i will try my best babe." He stated making Aira to burst out in a fist of laughter.

"Oh my love! and yours is the best ever!" She smiled blowing a kiss at him while he dramatically captured it to his chest.

"Will you please join me?" She pouted making her best puppy eyes. Those eyes that he couldn't resist no matter what, Ya Allah! how he loves his woman with his soul!.

"Anything for my baby." He smiled and kissed her lips before joining her in the jacuzzi.

***
Love is sweet omo!😫🤧