|27|

EMIR'S PALACE.
KANO, NIGERIA.
THREE DAYS LATER.

"My Queen i'm sorry for coming in unannounced." A maid said kneeling at the far end of the room.

"What's the matter?" Sultana said her head buried on what she was doing; feeding one of the babies, the girl precisely. They still haven't named them of course still mourning over Aira's death.

"It's Yarima, since after the princess's departure he hasn't had a single thing in his stomach not even water."

Sultana stopped the feeding bottle way to the baby's small cute mouth and set her gaze at the maid.
"What?! and you're just telling me now! how could you?!" She blared frightening the baby in her arms making her to let out a loud baby shrill.

"I'm sorry my baby.." She cooed patting her.

"Just leave!" She whisper-yelled and the maid stood up and immediately scurried out of the room the same time Layla came into the room.

"Mom here, please talk to this girl. She wants to fly back to Nigeria." She said flashing her phone screen to Sultana and Habi's face appeared.

"You better not start Habiba, as you can see i'm not in the mood." Sultana said in a bored tone.

"Mom please, haba! how can Ya Aira die and expect me not to come back? how do you expect me to cope? I seriously can't."

"Call your Dad and tell him that and please Habiba allow me to breathe okay?" Sultana said and laid the baby girl next to her sleeping brother in their cot on the bed before standing up.

"I will go see Aryan stay with the babies, i repeat don't leave their side Layla." Sultana said in a warning tone.

"Yes Mom, i've got the message." Layla said and Sultana took her veil and exited the room. She trailed downstairs where she met with many of her prestigious guests in the spacious and magnificent parlor each with their tasbah on their hands.

"Execuse me please." She smiled at them.

"Please, your highness." They smiled and she left.

The chamber was eerily quite when she entered. The chamber which used to be lively was now gloomy. His personal maid greeted her which she only nodded her head.

She made her way upstairs to his room and turned the door knob which refused to open.

"Aryan please open the door! it's me my dear." And within seconds the door was opened,tears rushed to her eyes when she came in contact with her son.

He's become a total mess in the span of three days! His hair messy, his face, sleep deprived. He's become a total mess!.

She watched his retreating back as he returned to the bed and resumed his now duty. Staring at Aira's pictures!.

She sat beside him and cupped his face. Her vision, blurry with her tears.
"What are you doing to yourself my Aryan?"

"Please i'm begging you as a mother to stop being hard on yourself, i know, i know you're going through a hard phase. And we're all allowed to grieve,but Aryan please be taking it easy on yourself." She wiped her tears.

He still hasn't shed a tear. She wondered what type of pain he was going through at that moment.

"My life has no meaning now Mom." He said to her without any emotions on his face.

"Oh my Aryan !please just shed a tear don't hold it inside it hurts Aryan , it hurts."

"Mom she has left me all alone!why would she leave the world all of the sudden? why has death not taken me instead of her why Mom?" He said and let out a heart wrenching sob.