|03|

CHAPTER 3.

"Verily with every hardship comes ease.

(Quran; 94:5-6)"

Malik Residence
Kano, Nigeria.

"It is now you feel like coming to my call right?" Hajiya Nusaiba thundered knocking Ariana on her head.

"I'm sorry Mama i was washing my Mamy's clothes." Ariana replied innocently.

"Yen yen, go and wash Jiddah's uniform." She ordered.

Ariana sighed before making her way to Jiddah and Basma's room where she met them on the bed playing a game.

"Jiddah where are the clothes?" Ariana asked looking at Jiddah who immediately frowned her face at the mere presence of her.

"Don't you know the laundry bin? or must i tell you that you bitch!" Jiddah hissed rolling her eyes.

Ariana picked the uniform and was about to exit the room when Jiddah stopped her.

"Look bitch! i want them ironed before the sunset understood!" Jiddah bellowed.

"You need to understand that i'm not your maid Jiddah i'm doing this out of respect because your Mama asked me to do so." Ariana calmly said.

"How dare you!! listen to me very carefully, to us you're nothing but a filthy maid!!" Jiddah yelled.

"Don't ever call me that Jiddah!" Ariana retorted angrily.

"And why won't she huh?" Basma chirped in from where she was seated on the bed.

"Because i'm also a daughter in this house!we're from the same father!then why would you call me a maid?" Ariana calmly said.

Basma and Jiddah let out a heartless laugh clutching their stomachs before Jiddah decided to speak.

"Oh my Allah! father my foot! we all know that Abbi hates you, your mother and siblings! so to me you're nobody in this house!" Jiddah spat making Ariana's heart to shatter into pieces.

"Oh! why are you silent now bitch?"

"I didn't lose hope in Allah and will never Jiddah, i believe everything shall pass one day." Ariana said and picked the clothes before exiting the room leaving a fuming Jiddah.

"Ughh, i so much hate this girl Ya Basma!" Jiddah seethed with so much rage. Truth to be told, the real thing she has towards Ariana was jealousy, she was better than them in every aspect of life.

****
"Ariana my dear what took you long?" Hajiya Fatima said chopping off the vegetables with Safaa and Marwa helping her.

"Mamy, what are you doing? please go and rest, i will do that." Ariana said entering further into the kitchen.

Hajiya Fatima weakly smiled before turning to Ariana. "My baby i'm now fine okay? i feel some strength now in my body and perhaps i'm tired of laying in the bed all day."