|01|

CHAPTER 1.

BISMILLAHI RAHMANIR RAHIM.
(IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE MOST GRACIOUS, MOST MERCIFUL.)

KANO NIGERIA.

Malik Residence.
Saturday.

She watches as the clouds darkened with thundering storms, wind blowing making her scarf to take off revealing her long black silky hair, she picked the scarf from where it fell and tied it tightly on her hair.

She watched as the rain began to drop slowly, the few droplets touching her face, but within a second it came down with full force with a striking thunder frightening her.

She closed the windows and drew the curtains back before returning back to the bed where a fair, beautiful and delicate woman lay. She looked so pale that one could tell she was sick by barely looking at her.

It was her mother...

"Mamy, how are you feeling now?" She asked her mother who just woke up from a slumber.

Hajiya Fatima smiled, a painful one before looking up to her daughter.

"Alhamdulillah Ariana, i hope you've eaten?" She asked.

The question made Ariana smile, even with the sickness eating up her mother, she never fails to ask her whether she has taken her meals or not or whether she was fine or vice versa. Who does that when in pain?.

"Yes Mamy i have." Ariana answered with a smile.

"Mamy it's raining today and it's your favorite weather." Ariana beamed at her mother to lit up the always darken atmosphere.

"Yes i love it, i wish i could stand up right now and enjoy the rain." Hajiya Fatima said with a painful smile etched on her lips. The sickness had eaten her up that she doubts if she would make it alive.

"Mamyna, you will get soon In Sha Allah and we could play with the rain for all we want right?" Ariana said deep down knowing it was just a wishful thinking but still wouldn't loose hope. Afterall Allah can change anything in a matter of seconds.

Hajiya Fatima smiled knowing she would barely make it. She felt it in her. She prays to almighty Allah to save her children and give them shelter when she's gone because she knows he's the only one who could do that.

Her parents included. She doesn't even want to think of the life her children would leave when she's gone! Ya Allah please save them from all the evils of the world.... she prayed.

She didn't know she was crying until she felt a hand wiping her tears, she looked up and saw her beautiful daughter smiling at her with a teary eye.

"Mamy please don't cry anymore!you've cried enough." Ariana sniffed wiping her tears.

"I'm sorry my Ariana,i promise i won't cry anymore." Hajiya Fatima smiled at her daughter.

"That's my Mamy." Ariana said and they laughed freely enjoying the moment while it lasted.