98| You Promised

Începe de la început

I remembered when he brought me home a year ago, and the times he was my crying shoulder during the most difficult moments. His reaction when he found out he was going to be an uncle, his "protective and fun uncle" moments during the past few weeks.

Ana.

I thought of Ana, from the moment he saw her for the first time that night in Grimmauld Place, when they got together and their adorable and lovey-dovey moments. And now...he was gone...I had now lost two brothers...Remus lost the last of his friends...Harry lost his godfather...and Ana lost the love of her life.

"You... y-you promised you wouldn't leave me..." I sobbed, laying my head down on his chest, my voice now hoarse and the pain still raging, as though it would never cease. "I-I lost Reggie...I c-can't...l-lose you too. Y-you can't d-do this to m-m-me....P-Padfoot..."

The seconds seemed endless, but I didn't care, as I silently mourned him. My two brothers...now together, but left me alone.

"Love, there's nothing we can do." Remus said desperately, but no matter how many times he tried, I couldn't stand, my head still in Sirius's chest. Knowing that I would never see him again, hear his laughter and jokes, and would never feel his brotherly embrace once more.

But then, something had happened.

As I still cried my eyes out, I stopped, hearing something.

His heartbeat.

My eyes widened, I raised my head up and saw his chest was slowly heaving up and down with effort. He was breathing.

"He-he's — he's breathing." I said in shock, the tears still falling.

Remus gasped slightly, blinking a few times. He quickly retrieved his wand down at his chest, silently muttering "Rennervate!"

And in a split second, Sirius' grey eyes, gasping for air desperately, and standing up with a small wince. He looked at the both of us, very confused as he saw our tear-streaked eyes. Before he could even mutter a word, I wasted no time to give him a bone-crushing embrace.

"You're alive," I laughed softly, my tears now dried, and continued to hug him ever so tightly.
"You're alive! You're alive!"

"Yeah, I am, yeah I am," he said with a weak smile, hugging me as well. "Would my little sister think her big brother would leave her?"

Kingsley and Mad-Eye had left the room to rush the injured ones to St. Mungo's, leaving just the three of us there.

"Wait," he said after our tender moment, and looking terrified. "Where is Harry? The others? Ana!"

"Dumbledore's gone after Harry," I said.
"Kingsley and Mad-Eye...they're with the others. Majority of them are injured and brought them to St. Mungo's."

Sirius was about to get up but we all turned around to see dozens of Aurors and Ministry officials entering the room, with Cornelius Fudge, the Minister for Magic himself.

"Over there! Just like Dumbledore said! Capture them!" he cried out, pointing out his wand to the Death Eaters floating mid-air, tied in invisible strings. The others complied, but half of them froze when one exclaimed.

"It's him! Sirius Black! We found him, Minister!"

Horrified gasps and whispers erupted and raised their wands at his direction. Sirius, too weak, remained on the ground, as Remus and I drew out ours as well.

"Step out of the way!" Fudge snapped, his wand in his hand as well.

"Take one more step you doubting bastard, or I'll kill you myself." I snarled, glaring at him dangerously.

"You!" he hissed. "His sister! You betrayed your own allies and fellow Aurors and Ministry officials."

I recognized some of the Aurors in the room, the ones who had been a part of my training. They pointed their wands at me, and Remus quickly shielded me.

"If you hurt her and the child in her womb," he said at Fudge. "You'll have to go through me."

Fudge just simply scoffed, and they all shifted their attention back at Sirius, who still remained the most wanted wizard to date. But before they could attack and capture him, Dumbledore had arrived.

"Leave them alone, Cornelius!" his voice echoed. "They are innocent."

The Minister looked at him, very perplexed but did not lower his wand, his voice growing ragged and his face was full of shock and disbelief.

"I — are you out of your mind again — Dumbledore —"

"You doubted me once, but you will not doubt me this time, Cornelius..." Dumbledore said firmly, looking at the three of us. "Release them all, Sirius Black is innocent."

A/N: No complaints and criticism pls. I've decided things to go like this for many reasons, not the haters, so you can go and criticize me all you want :)

For the others who did wish for things to end like this, you're welcome!

I couldn't kill Sirius off, as much as I wanted to, but I realized it would've had a great impact on the characters.

See you on the next chapter!

- jxlvpin