Chapter 49

"Okay we've got only a few minutes before halftime is over. We're hardly winning. Come on guys this counts now! This is the real deal! We gotta win. We're winning districts!" Dylan gives the team a pep talk before turning to Cameron.

"Get your shit together. I don't care who you like and who you don't like. If I find out we lost because you had a problem with one of your own teammates over some girly drama you're going to have a problem with me as well" he yells gesturing mostly towards our midfielders who apparently had been dating the same girl without realizing it until today. Yeah... some big time drama, but they have been screwing up the game.

We were all huddled up in the back and Anton stepped back to hold me, his hand inching its way up the back of my shirt as he rubbed my lower back hidden from the rest of them.

After the not so peppy talk from Cameron we all went back to the bench to get our waters. I sat down and looked at my bright yellow cleats until there was a shadow in front of me. Looking up Cameron was raising one eyebrow his perfectly summer tan skin making him seem like he glowed in the sun.

"Where's your water?" He asked crossing his arms. My eyes flickered to Dylan who was talking with Anton. Dylan fidgeted with his fingers as Anton put a hand on his shoulder and they agreed about something.

"I know they're adorable- hot or whatever but you need to answer my question?" he leans closer to whisper while the other boys squirt each other with their bottles.

"I didn't bring one" I answer truthfully knowing he'll think of some horny way to get back at me if I lied. "And why?" He crosses his arms a not very pleased look on his face. "I don't play so what's the point of bringing more things to carry" I answer sittting up more.

"I don't care it's hot and the sun is beating down on you. You will drink some of mine" he gives me his water as I look him over. "You're acting like a mom... you're acting like Dylan" I continue to look him over confused.

He gives me a glare and leans over going to my ear. "Watch your attitude I'm already going to have a game for us since you decided it was alright to not hydrate yourself" he smirks before walking away. Damn it either way I got stuck with his horny ass.

I groan and take a drink of his water. "Aww did Luis get in trouble with the captain" Terence dramatically cries and I just nod knowing it would make him happy. "Nice- worthless piece of space" he laughs while the whistle blows and they all go back for the field switching sides.

I watch Terence go on my heart hurting at his words. Don't believe it. Don't believe it. Do not believe it. You matter Luis... you matter. Come on. It's okay. Worthless piece of space? Am I really? Worthless? Is that why I was so easily given up. I was worthless to them. All the memories of mother holding me and dad walking me around. He so easily forgot and got rid of them just because of how I am now.

I'm the piece he didn't want. I must really be a worthless piece of shit. "Shit!" Our coach yells as the other team cheers. I snap out of my thoughts and see the other team winning by one now.

"Luis!" He yells and I look over confused and a little scared. "Go in for Maddox!" He shouts and I go for the half line, stopping when he groans. I turn and look at him. Watching as he rubs his face aggressively like he was nervous on what to do.

"Take Terence's spot as the left wing make him a mid he can either take Maddox or Leo, but one of them has to be taken out." He yells as I run to the center line.

We wait for the ball to be kicked out and then I'm off, sprinting over to Terence. "What the fuck!?" He yells and I shake my head. "Go take out Maddox or Leo you choose" I smile getting a curse as he runs over.