Chapter 14

"Mamá can you please take me to my game?" I ask my mother who looks up surprised. "You have a game today?" She asks putting a hand to her mouth. "Can you just walk? I'll come later when it starts!" She smiles at me and I shake my head.

"It's an away game this week" I remind her once again. I know she's been busy but I didn't expect her to forget. I realized earlier she wasn't getting ready to leave and I was just sitting here in my uniform.

"Please ask your Papa- I have so much to get done" she groans into her hands and I nod cautiously going towards their room. "Umm I'm suppose to ask you to take me to my game?" I didn't know how to address him since he didn't like me calling him Papa.

"Where-" he asks already looking like he was planning on leaving. "It's the town over-" he cuts me off with a smile. "Julestown?" I nodded and he chuckles. "Perfect grab your stuff and meet me in my car" he picks at his shirt and goes to mirror checking his appearance as I smile and run to grab my soccer stuff.

Putting the bag over my shoulder I run back up the stairs and hug my mother goodbye. "Oh good you and your papa can have some father-son time" she claps and I nod. Hopefully they play me though.

He was just starting the car as I joined him on the passenger side. "It's at the high-" he cuts me off turning and backing out of our driveway. "By the high school I know, I pass it everyday" he smiles and I nod. "Really?" I ask and he nods again.

"Thanks for taking me I was sort of worried I was gonna miss it" I attempt to start a conversation as his phone buzzes. He looks over at it but ultimately leaves it alone. "Of course you're my son, I may disapprove of some of your behaviors but I'll always be here for you" he coos reaching over and rubbing my shoulder.

"Really?" I ask gripping the seat and he nods. "Thanks papa! I was really scared you like hated me or something" I smile and he lets go of my shoulder grabbing the wheel instead.

"Luis of course I love you I do the things I do because I love you. It's just discipline I don't want to do it but I have to" he explains and I nod. "I understand! I really do!" I answer excited that he was explaining himself. He's just trying to catch up on his parenting.

We talked the rest of the drive about how he was doing at work. How he thinks he's doing a lot better with socializing and just living. "Here we are" he turns into the parking lot and takes us back by the soccer field as I jump a little, excited.

I think we bonded a bit today and it was awesome. Not everyone hates me I was just being selfish and inconsiderate to how much he was struggling.

He stops by the field and puts the car in park. "Have a good game" he punches my arm encouragingly and my smile drops. "You aren't coming?" I whisper and he shakes his head.

"I've got things to do Luis- I thought we just talked about this. Did you listen at all?!" His voice grows in volume and I shrink back. "I'm sorry I didn't realize I thought I was listening- I swear I didn't know" I apologize. He shakes his head mad.

"Get out boy" he points and I nod hurrying to open the door and get up. Standing by the open door I stare up at him apologetic. "Please papa- I'm sorry" I apologize again and he shakes his head gritting his teeth. "I have told you once already. I am not your anything. Text or call me if you can't get a ride if I don't have too I'm not coming back here" he unbuckles and leans across the car and grabs the door.

"But-" he shoots me a glare. "I don't want to hear it" he tells me slamming the door shut. I watch him buckle and drive off my eyes wide as I tried to stop the tears. "You still have my phone" I whisper turning and hurrying over to the field.

Josefina was complaining about how I non-stopped called Anton so he took it from me because I was doing the devils work trying to get with 'that boy'. I threw my stuff near the bench and marched straight over to Cameron and Dylan who were talking with each other.

Both were smiling so I assumed they didn't know about me kissing both of them. I don't really know where I stand with Anton at the moment so I didn't bother with him.

"Hey cutie" Cameron smirks looking me over. "Hello" I answer looking over to Dylan. "Hello" Dylan grins pushing a piece of hair out of my face.

"What can I help you with?" He contiunes as I chuckle. "Am I not allowed to just come talk with you guys?" I laugh and they both look at each other before taking a step closer. "You can talk to me whenever you want" there's a hint of flirtation in Cameron's voice so I look down to hide my reaction.

"Us- he can talk to us whenever he wants" Dylan corrects Cameron with a daring look. "Yes us" Cameron nods before looking over at the other guys now getting here. "Do you need something though?" Dylan asks again and I scratch the back of my neck now nervous to ask.

"Can one of you please take me home" I ask looking up at the both of them with some hope. "You'll come with me" "I'll take you" both answer at the same time and I stand there awkwardly.

"So who am I going with?" I ask and Dylan steps forward cupping my cheek. "Why don't you come with me- please. It'd break my heart if you didn't" he whisper his eyes soft and sad.

"Okay..." I give in immediately enjoying his touch. My back was to everyone so for them they probably just thought I was getting lectured again. "Well fine then if you are going with Dylan- so am I" Cameron snaps and I look over confused.

"Really Cameron?" Dylan chuckles and he nods crossing his arms. "What about your truck?" I ask turning to grab his arm. I immediately let go with wide eyes. "I'm sorry I'm a very touchy person" I apologize and his eyes flicker to Dylan before me. "You can touch me anytime-" he gets hit again by Dylan and I hold in a laugh.

"Dylan will be nice and bring me back once we have dropped you off" he blinks innocently at Dylan who rolls his eyes. "Fine" the blonde mutters as I turn and smile at the both of them.

"Thank you!" I cheer wrapping them in a hug. Dylan put his hand in my hair while Cameron grabbed my shoulder. "Get off of them you disease!" Somebody yells and I look up already knowing they are talking about me.

I try to back away but I don't have time when one of our teammates grabs my collar and throw me to the ground. I fall onto my back and hit my head on the ground. Sitting up dazed, I look over at the group.

"We are at a game with people around! You can't be doing that shit!" Cameron yells as Dylan comes over to pick me up. I stand myself up and stumble back bumping into someone. "I'm sorry" I apologize and turn finding Anton.

He hugged me and I froze before hugging him back. I scrunched up my face trying to hold in the tears. "Who the fuck just did that- tell me now" Anton yells and grabs his jersey, while I move my head.

"Please calm down. You guys are suppose to be a team let's just play the game- I'll go sit down" I attempt to calm him. I wonder if he does care about me.

"We are a team- you can't just hurt people since you don't like them- if that was the case... I would fucking ruin your lives" he yells through gritted teeth.

I pull away from Anton and quickly walk to the benches to sit. The group all huddled together. Cameron fuming as Dylan looks them up down with his gaze. Showing he had no respect for the boys at the moment.

I felt like they might have been sticking up for me so it made me feel better. Anton flipped the group off and came stomping over. "Did you hit your head?" He asks squatting down in front of me. I shake my head. Liar. Such a liar.

"Good- how are you feeling. We haven't talked in forever" he whispers and I nod. "I'm good. I missed talking to you" I admit and he nods. "You are so cute. I'm sorry I've just been busy with your sister" he apologized and I nod.

"I know- it's perfectly fine"