Seventh Year - Chapter 34

"What is this place?" Ron asked as you opened the door to Hog's Head.

"Aberforth!" you called out before turning to your friends. "Most of the DA has been hiding in the Room of Requirement after the punishments got worse at school. Aberforth's been the only way to get messages and food out of Hogwarts for them ever since they started watching me like a hawk."

The old man came from the back of his pub, startled to see Harry in front of him. You quickly explained to Aberforth what was happening— the old man saying he didn't need details to help defeat Voldemort. You had been holding the Resurrection Stone in your pocket almost every day since being at Hogwarts. You kissed it once and handed it to Harry, hoping it would give him some protection.

"I have to go," you said. "I need to tell McGonagall, Neville will be here soon."

The old man helped you into the tunnel behind the painting— Ron, Harry, and Hermione were shocked to see that. You quickly ran through the tunnel and back into the Room of Requirement. Everyone jumped up at seeing you appear from the route that you hated taking.

"Neville, Aberforth needs you. Everyone else... prepare for a war."

Wands were grabbed and whispers started as you left the room to find McGonagall and Sprout. You banged on her office door. McGonagall swung it open with a vengeance. You stepped inside, making sure the door was completely closed before opening your mouth.

"Harry's returned which means Voldemort will be here soon."

"Are you sure?"

"I just saw Harry. Voldemort needs something in Hogwarts and he knows Harry is coming to get it," you said.

"Then we need to get the students. We need an evacuation."

McGonagall moved towards the painting next to her desk. "Tell everyone to be in the Great Hall. Spread it through all the paintings until all students and faculty are there."

You rushed to Hufflepuff while McGonagall went to Gryffindor. You made sure with Professor Sprout that all students were out of the dorm and on their way to the Hall. The students were confused as they walked out of the barrels. You took a detour into the kitchens and walked toward Kreacher.

"Call the Order. Tell them Harry's back, Hogwarts is in danger."

The elf disappeared and you moved to the Great Hall. You noticed a lot of the younger students and a few of the older ones had already changed out of uniforms and were in night clothes. Some were still clutching books or stuffed animals that were in their hands when you started the evacuation. They all seemed confused as they stood around. Harry walked in with the Order and the DA members that had been in hiding. A quiet chaos erupted until McGonagall cleared her throat to try and explain as best as she could.

"And if we want to fight?" Ernie called out and you smiled at your former prefect partner.

"If you are of age, we won't stop you," McGonagall said.

"What about our things?" another girl called. "Our pets?"

You and all the faculty knew that there was no time to pack. You weren't even sure if there was time for a proper evacuation. You spoke up.

"We have to leave now. We'll try to get the house-elves to get your pets to you, but your safety is the most important thing."

You paused when a hiss sounded. For once, it wasn't just you hearing whispers. Everyone seemed to be able to hear Voldemort's voice as it echoed through the air.