Seventh Year - Chapter 32

The breakfast table was quiet in the morning. Kreacher cooked and you sat eating porridge while waiting for the others to get ready. You had gotten up before them so you were fully dressed already. Padfoot's bowl of food was on the table as well instead of the floor. Upstairs, the sound of a shower finally stopped. You almost dropped your spoon of porridge when your friends came running into the kitchen.

"That room upstairs, R.A.B., it's the same initials as the letter that was in the fake locket."

"Upstairs? Oh, Dad's brother. Regulus Arcturus Black. He was a Death Eater, we don't talk about that or go into his room."

Kreacher jumped onto the table, grabbing the fake locket out of Harry's hands. You were all in a bit of shock at that. Kreacher never behaved that way after he and Sirius got on friendly terms. The elf was just staring at the locket like it was a baby. It took three calls of you yelling his name to snap him out of it.

"When I took Master Malfoy home, Kreacher made a mistake," he said. "Left Mundungus."

"What was Mundungus Fletcher doing in our house? I said to never let him in after Dad died."

"Master Lupin said he was an Order member and they needed his help to fight at Hogwarts, said to—"

"Never mind, Kreacher. I'm not mad at you. I'll be speaking with Uncle Remus."

Harry took the locket. "What did Mundungus do? What mistake did you make?"

"Stole the locket, Master Regulus' things! Tried to take Mistress (Y/N)'s things, stole your journal! Kreacher failed Master Regulus' orders!"

You quickly scooped him up before he could reach for one of the heavy cast iron skillets in the kitchen. That was something you and Sirius never quite learned how to stop Kreacher from hurting himself if he felt like he failed orders— you weren't even sure why house-eleves did that. When Kreacher finally froze up, you set him down. He wiped his nose on his shirt and told you all the story of how Regulus got the locket in the first place.

"Dobby!" Harry called out. "Bring us Mundungus Fletcher."

Kreacher willingly went with Dobby, feeling like he needed to make up for something. There was nothing to do but wait for the elves to come back which you thought would have taken a few hours out most. But night fell and neither Dobby or Kreacher were back. And then the next night fell and the same thing happened. Ron passed by the window to see two hooded men standing outside. He called you all over.

"Death Eaters."

"They can't see us but this means we can't leave."

The thought didn't bring you much comfort. Everyone retreated to the living room, feeling better once away from the front of the house. Waiting made you all antsy. It also turned into Ron having a habit of clicking the lights on and off as he played with the deluminator. That led to constant fighting between him and Hermione who was trying to read anything and everything that could help against Voldemort. You got up first, not being able to handle the arguments after another night of the house-elves not showing up. Harry followed quickly after.

He had seen your room a few times but that was back in fifth year. No one came to Grimmauld the entire sixth year because they thought you needed time. Harry found your room to have a calming effect. It was the same feeling he had whenever he was just near you. He came up behind you and wrapped his arms around you. You both moved to the large beanbag in the corner of your room.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"What do you want to do when this is over?"