Sixth Year - Chapter 30

Harry woke up before you. It was involuntarily when Padfoot smacked him in the face. Harry glared at the cat who jumped off the bed, seeming very satisfied with himself. He let his eyes close again so he could just hold you. You turned in his arms, burying your face in his chest. Harry almost smiled until you whimpered in pain. He wasn't sure whether to wake you up or not, couldn't tell if it was your dark senses or not.

You shouldn't have been able to smell the ocean from the Astronomy Tower but the salty spray was hard to deny as it mixed with earl grey tea. The Hallows symbol burned into the floor causing you to jump. You watched the symbol separate itself into its three pieces. The triangle disappeared, leaving the circle and the line before the circle left. The line flew at you and you ducked. Standing back up, you looked at the window before you felt yourself get pushed out the tower. The scent of lemon drops followed you.

Your eyes flew open. You looked up at Harry to see a worried face staring back at you.

"I'm okay, I'm okay."

You grabbed your notebook from your nightstand and flipped it open to the page with the Hallows symbol and the Philosopher's Stone symbol right next to it. Harry sat up and pulled you into his arms, making sure not to get in your way. He watched you flip to a new page and start to redraw each symbol slowly and deliberately. You flipped back and forth between the old page with the scribbles and the new page with just the two symbols.

"(Y/N), when I went to get rid of the book. I ran into Professor Trelawney trying to get in."

"What did she want? She keeps insisting I need to at least visit her classroom, always going on about banshees being some of the best Seers."

"That's what she was talking about or something about that. She pulled out a card and kept muttering about disaster coming because her cards showed a lightning-struck tower an—"

"What? Harry, I just saw a tower in my sleep. A dark dream, not a normal one."

Your quill dropped from your hand. You wiggled out of Harry's arms. He watched you rifle through your trunks. You opened a little deck of cards.

"She gave this to me last year after Christmas... I should've listened to her, instead of going with everyone else."

You threw the deck on the floor and only held the major arcana cards. Harry listened to you recite the prophecy— that he had so much to tell you about— as you pulled cards. The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. One, the magician. Born to those who have thrice defied him. Three, the empress. Born as the seventh month dies. Seven, The Chariot. And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not. Eleven, Justice. And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives. Sixteen, Death. The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies. Eight, Strength.

You laughed. "She repeated herself because she saw a seven and an eight. Eight comes after the seven dies."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Trelawney. She's terrible at interpretation but her prophecies are perfect. Magician. That's you, Harry. The empress is your mum. The chariot is... well, I don't know but Justice is the fight between you and Voldemort. Death is fairly obvious. And Strength. You're going to need that to stop him."

You grabbed the tower card and looked at it. It was the Astronomy Tower, no doubt about it. You were in the tower. You smelled the ocean. You saw the Hallows. The line fell out of the tower. You smelled lemon drops. You crawled back on the bed and into Harry's arms. He looked at the cards with you but didn't know what he was looking for. Harry figured Trelawney was right that a banshee was one of the best types of Seer because he saw absolutely nothing. You repeated the prophecy again to yourself. You huffed.