Seventh Year - Chapter 33

Your Year at Hogwarts:

You didn't go to the first dinner of the year. You didn't want to see any more Death Eaters or any students in fear. The first thing you noticed was the sword of Gryffindor wasn't in the office. You suspected that Snape or the Ministry took it. Probably Snape since the sword belonged to Hogwarts which meant it was in his new office. It also meant he had already thought about the fact that you were going to send Kreacher to give it to Harry. Instead, Kreacher left Dumbledore's office— you still had to get used to calling it yours— to find your friends and give them all the password to the office. Ginny was the first to make use of it. She told you that everyone at the Burrow was fine. Surprisingly, Mr. Weasley still had a job at the Ministry. But the Weasley family was on thin ice. They were labelled blood traitors and all blood traitor families were being monitored a little more.

When Ginny left, you retreated to the bedroom chamber. It was decorated like your Hufflepuff prefect room. You were positive that Professor Sprout did it. You hung up your dad's old mirror on the back of the door. Hopefully, Harry would pull out the missing shard so you could at least see his face once or twice. 

~~~

Kreacher appeared on your bed, causing you to jump. He was holding the fake galleon that you had given to him after fifth year ended. It was glowing a bit and warm to the touch when you took it out of Kreacher's hand. The coins hadn't been used for an entire year. You slowly made your way through the halls until you reached the Room of Requirement. Ginny was at the front of the room when you got there— the familiar crowd of faces looked at her.

"We need to restart Dumbledore's Army," she said with determination.

~~~

Cedric's owl arrived with a letter. You didn't have one yet to return so you sent the little bird away. You two had been keeping in contact since the wedding. Two years out of each other's lives seemed two years long enough. On some level, the letters weren't completely innocent. You two were writing to make sure the other was still alive, that you hadn't been taken by Death Eaters. Sometimes the letters would simply say: I ate breakfast, I'm still okay. Every letter was dated and you rarely went more than three days without sending one. 

~~~

 "This is the third time this week," you said as you directed Neville to sit on the table in the greenhouse.

"Well when they stop torturing third years, then I'll stop fighting back."

You dabbed a thick paste-like version of wiggenweld potion around Neville's black eye. The Carrows were some of the worst professors ever. In Dark Arts, because Defense Against the Dark Arts didn't exist, Amycus thought proper punishment was students performing the Cruciatus Curse on those that misbehaved. Neville always refused, even picking fights with them. He had started coming into the greenhouse battered and bruised. He winced as you applied the paste.

"Try to get beat up a little less. You're using more wiggenweld paste than I can make at a time."

"No promises but I'll try. Is it true about you and Harry? Slytherins have been having a field day with that."

You shook your head. "I thought it would be safer if they think that I have no ties to Harry. I probably shouldn't have made him look like a banshee hater, I didn't think they'd spread the rumor around."

"I don't think anyone believes the last bit even if they think you're not together. Not anyone that matters."

"Alright. You look like crap but I think you'll live, Mr. Longbottom."