Fourth Year - Chapter 18

"Are you ever not in a classroom? We don't go back to school until Monday and here you are. It's the evening as well, you know."

You looked up from your cauldron to see Harry standing in the doorway of the Potions classroom. You chuckled and gave him a hello as he came inside to watch you. Harry took the wizard camera you had on the table and took a picture of you in action before asking you to look up from your cauldron and smile.

"What are you working on?"

"Ife sent me an aloe that mimics wolfsbane, maybe Uncle Remus will finally have a sweet tasting potion... did Cedric find you?"

You scraped some of the thick gel from the plant. Harry played with the ingredients bottles at the table.

"Yeah, didn't believe him at first until I took the bath."

You chuckled. "Do you think Fleur and Viktor have figured it out?"

"No clue. We needed a banshee to even give us an idea, but their headmasters also seem to have no problem with cheating for their students... do you know how to breathe underwater... I mean is there a potion or something?"

"Surprisingly no, not one that you can brew quick enough. Hmm, find Neville. He was going on about Professor Moody giving him some book on aquatic plants as an apology gift. Surely, there's something in there."

"Brilliant, thanks."

"Don't thank me yet, I'm only brilliant if it works... unlike this potion. Do you think the gel's viscosity is impacting it?"

"When was the last time I was good at Potions?"

You laughed as you began cleaning up and packaging up the aloe plant to preserve it. You would try again later. It would require writing down measurements because the aloe was apparently not an exact one to one substitute for wolfsbane. Based on the slight green tint of the smoke, you were thinking there needed to be a lot less gel than you would put in if you were using wolfsbane. With the Potions classroom looking the way it did before you arrived, you left with Harry.

Everyone was supposed to go to Hogsmeade but Hermione was with Krum, the Weasley siblings were having a family day, and your new boyfriend was nowhere to be found. The only person who was still able to go with you and Harry to Hogsmeade was Cho. She waved as you approached. You watched Cho grab Harry's hand and you three started to walk. They hadn't said anything about their relationship, or if it existed, but you had high hopes for your friend. You let the two of them be alone when you actually got into Hogsmeade Village. You were going to go check on your store and think about how you wanted it done.

It was technically a four story building— one of the floors being a basement. When you signed the contract, the seller told you that much. You weren't thinking that all of the floors would be used but that left you with space you weren't sure on how to use. The one thing you did know was that Cedric's Christmas present was your favorite thing. Even as the only thing in the store— aside from the enchanted cash register in the corner— the fully grown wiggentree was beautiful. You smiled because you could see the top leaves poking out over the roofs of the other buildings before you even got on the street that it sat on.

It was starting to be a bit warm so you needed to turn down the temperature of the building and check that the tree was still doing well as the weather slowly transitioned into a warmer season. You stopped heading to your store when you saw your boyfriend outside the Hogsmeade Post Office. Cedric immediately hugged you when you ran up to him. You played with the tassels on his scarf.