Seventh Year - Chapter 31

Magsimula sa umpisa

A bright blue light flashed in the garden. Lupin had returned with George. Quickly, you noticed that George wasn't moving. Mrs. Weasley rushed him inside and you could see the damage done. George was missing an ear. It looked like it had been blasted off the side of his face. Slowly, others came back. Everyone had to be tested with secret codes. You sighed in relief that everyone was who they said they were. The chill came back and everyone held their ears as you screamed. Bill arrived just as you stopped.

"Mad-Eye's dead."

The Burrow got quiet. They looked to you for confirmation as if they didn't just hear you scream. Your silence answered the question they already knew the answer to. Harry clutched his forehead and you stiffened up. The room expected him to say something when he was no longer in pain but Harry only looked at you, knowing you had seen it. Voldemort was torturing Ollivander over a wand not working. You knew which wand. Harry nodded. It was time to move. In a few days, Harry would no longer be underage and the Trace would be gone. In a few days, Bill and Fleur would have a wedding. The day after, he, Ron, and Hermione would be leaving to hunt horcruxes.

While the Burrow prepared for the wedding, you were left alone in the following days leading up to it. They all noticed how you seemed to be out of it lately. It was obvious that danger was happening all around and as long as you were connected to Voldemort, you'd sense more death and danger than you cared to. Harry found you sitting alone on the bed in the room that you were supposed to be sharing with Fleur. He sat down next to you and grabbed your hand.

"Happy birthday," you whispered. "I'm sorry I've just been sensing a lot lately."

"I know. It's been hard for you."

"The only good thing has been Tonks' pregnancy— I wasn't supposed to mention that."

"Tonks is pregnant?"

"Yeah. Caused some problems in the house for a bit. Uncle Remus is worried about the baby becoming a werewolf. They're coming back for your birthday tonight. Don't mention what I told you."

"I won't. This seems ridiculous doesn't it? My birthday then a wedding while we're in a war."

"Everyone wants to feel normal, like Voldemort can't control our entire lives... Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I forgot to get you a present."

He chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't hold it against you."

You fell back onto the bed so you could lay on your side, still facing Harry. He looked down at you. You smiled as his fingers caressed your face. His thumb traced over your bottom lip that seemed cemented in a pout.

"You guys really aren't coming back to Hogwarts?"

"It would be a waste. We'd have to leave all the time to get horcruxes. I'm going to miss you."

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I thought of a bi—"

Ron opened the door and awkwardly stood in the doorway. "Your birthday dinner's ready. Oh, and the minister is here."

"What?"

You and Harry jumped up. Ron wasn't lying. Minister Scrimgeour— who had replaced Fudge— was standing in the living room. Everyone else was outside at his request except for you, Harry, Hermione, and Ron. The four of you sat down on the couch as the minister pulled out a parchment that he said was Dumbledore's will.