Fourth Year - Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"Thanks. I don't think you put your name in but I think someone did. And I think they did it on purpose. Please be careful."

"I will."

"No. I mean it, Harry. The goblet felt weird and cold when I touched it and then I grabbed a paper with your name on it somehow. I know we talked about it and I know I'm new to it and banshees are always paranoid but this feels deeper than that. Please. Be careful."

Harry swallowed his bite of toast. "Well, I don't really want to die either, (Y/N/N). I'll be careful. At least someone believes me— I can't believe Ron thi—"

"Harry! He's jealous."

"Jealous?"

"You get all the attention. We love being your friends but being friends with the Chosen One isn't easy. Ron's the middle child of a bunch of family members. He's never had anything for himself in his life. If a random fourteen year old somehow got into a competition that was only for seventeen year olds, wouldn't he'd wish it was him? Everyone wished it was them and it was you. The Chosen One."

"That's ridiculous."

"To you. It probably meant a lot to him... doesn't matter, now though. It'll all blow over in a few days."

You didn't mean for your statement to be a lie. It just turned out that way. After the initial shock finally wore off, it was like the whole school had turned on Harry. The thought of another champion was fun when everyone thought that it was going to be another seventeen year old. Harry was waiting for you outside the barrels of the common room. You could hear the Hufflepuffs coming out and scoffing as they saw him. Cedric stopped and turned to you.

"I'll see you in class, (Y/N), need to get my notebook back from Delta before her Charms class starts."

You huffed in annoyance, knowing that he was lying. Harry watched the older boy walk away. You linked arms with him. Harry looked at where you guys were connected.

"At least you and 'Mione still believe in me. So much for a just and nice House."

You laughed and started to walk. "Sorry, they all kind of feel like you stole our thunder. Cedric getting picked meant Hufflepuff was important and then Gryffindor came back and stole it right from us... I shouldn't even be talking to you right now, it's fraternizing with the enemy."

"Oh, ha ha, very funny (Y/N/N)."

You stopped outside the Potions classroom and turned to face Harry. He moved to grab your hand instead now that their arms were separated. You gave him a smile.

"It's true. You are currently my enemy, Harry Potter. I could lose all Puff credibility."

"Puff credibility? This is why everyone makes fun of your House."

"You're just jealous Gryffindor didn't think of something cool."

"Puff credibility is the farthest thing you can get from cool."

"Whatever. I heard the Daily Prophet came yesterday. How was it? That's the reason most of Hufflepuff is mad by the way. Cedric said it felt like they were writing more about you, he only got like three questions. "

"I hate the reporter. Rita Skeeter, she's foul. They came for pre-interviews and to weigh our wands."

"Wand weighing?"

"Something about knowing everyone's base standards before the tournament starts. I guess to check for cheating, I don't know. You know you and Krum have the same wand."