her thoughts

layla packed her bags leaving her apartment and flying four hours to go back home to her mother knowing that her daughter needed her.

"honey,"

amy comes into her daughter's hometown bedroom, "you know anna made a mistake, you love her—" layla nods her head, "yeah, and i thought she loved me but i guess it was just a trick she was playing with me,"

she said, "she knew i would get attached to her, and she does this to me, i can't keep going back to her, not when all she does is fuck me up," amy looked at her daughter, "one, language and two, i know sweetheart, but she's your soulmate,"

layla sighed, "and even though you don't want to admit it, you are missing her," layla felt the tears come down her face, "why can't i be normal and just move on from her?"

amy moved her daughter's hair from her face, "because you're too in love with her, and i know she is too," and on que, layla's phone started to ring from her bedside table.

amy leaned in seeing layla cuddling with her favourite beck family dog, seeing anna's contact name come across her daughter's screen, "you're gonna have to talk to her sometime,"

layla blinked away her tears, "right now, i just want my mom," amy comes close to her daughter leaning back against her daughter's headboard letting her daughter lean her head on her shoulder, "i promise it's gonna be okay,"

"i can't keep messing up my mental health because of how in love with her i am," she thought playing with her fingers hearing her iphone continue to ring from her bedside table.

____

noah furrowed his eyebrows coming into his sister's apartment not seeing his twin sister instead seeing anna sleeping on her girlfriend's living room with her knuckle having dried blood on them, "hey, anna,"

noah shook anna awake who opened her eyes, "bub, is that you?" noah furrowed his eyebrows at his sister's girlfriend, "no, anna, it's me noah, where's layla?"

anna frowned knowing that noah is gonna say something along the lines of how his sister shouldn't be treated how she is being treated by her, "um, she went back to arizona,"

noah looked at anna confused, "what? why?" anna hands noah the letter what basically explained where she was going and why she was going to her hometown to get away from her girlfriend needing time to think about where their relationship stands, "anna, really again?"

noah ran a hand through his hair, "i think you've hurt my sister more times than her ex boyfriends have," he shook his head, "she's probably not even gonna come to bahamas with me now, she's stubborn like that,"

he looked at anna who's started to wash her bloody knuckle, "but um, what happened to your hand?" anna turned to noah, "it was only supposed to be a hot tub stream, i didn't know he was gonna kiss me, he said he wasn't gonna post that part, he did, so i went to tommy's apartment and punched him,"

she looked to her swollen hand, "i think i might've broken my hand," she winced when noah touched anna's swollen hand, "mm, maybe, come on, i'll take you to the hospital,"

anna looked down, "i messed everything up with the girl of my dreams, i always do this, i always mess things up," she said crying as noah looked down at anna who was sobbing.

her hand over her face, noah didn't know what to do in that situation, "um—" anna looked up at noah wiping at her face, "it's okay, i-i can drive myself to the hospital,"

noah shook his head, "no, anna—" anna looked at him, "i'm not good for your sister, i'm not good enough for her and i will never be the person she wants me to be," noah frowned, "anna, layla doesn't you to be the person she wants, she wants you to be the person who you have been, before this happened," he motioned to her.

"i don't know why she keeps coming back to you, but obviously she's too in love with you, that's why she keeps coming back because that love is bigger than everything else,"

anna nods her head, "i need to make things right," noah nods his head, "you do, but how about you make things right when your hand isn't maybe broken," anna followed after noah who takes her into his car driving them to the hospital.

____

"hey,"

tatum pokes her head into her little sister's bedroom seeing layla cuddle up to her pillow, coming closer to her seeing layla asleep.

she moved a piece of her sister's hair from her face, "everything's gonna work out, i promise," she kissed layla's forehead who half smiled mumbling anna's name in her sleep.

tatum shook her head knowing that even though her sister was mad at anna for what happened, she knew that layla sometime needed to talk to her girlfriend so anna could explain her side of the story.

she closed her sister's bedroom door behind her, looking to her mother who now stood there, "is she awake?" tatum shook her head, "no, she's asleep," amy nods her head, "okay,"

tatum half frowned, "mom, do you think layla and anna's relationship is toxic?" she asked her mother who sighed, "i think that they need to work through their issues before they can start dating each other again, but knowing your sister—"

tatum half smiled, "we'll probably see snapchats of the two of them cuddling together in a few weeks time," amy chuckled, "they're just so in love with each other that they can't let each other go,"

and from inside, layla's bedroom the said girl heard the whole conversation between her mother and older sister knowing that they were saying is true, even though her and anna needed space, the two of them would be back together probably in a week's time.