messed up

layla was on her phone as emma slept peacefully next to her, scrolling through tiktok with her airpods in her ears as she turns down the volume going through her follower's feed before stopping seeing anna post on her spam account.

it's a video of her laying with her hand coming to her face as she just looks in the camera with the writing, 'i miss you but i messed up', layla frowned at the writing coming into the comments seeing her name being tagged in the video multiple times.

annabananaxdddd1: you did not mess up i promise 🥺
- b00nanuh • creator: i did tho
— idkwhatyouwantfromme: who was it?
—- lannaship: i think its about layla
(liked by creator)
—— mikeymike777: talk to her. i know it'll be hard but you need to do it.

layla frowns she didn't know how much anna was beating herself up over this. she thought anna had gotten over her but after hearing her and karina talk about her yesterday when she was eavesdropping.

anna did still have a special place in layla's heart, she was the first girl layla had ever liked after she came out.

layla runs her fingers through her hair sighing when emma turns to layla slowly opening her eyes seeing layla wide awake, "hey.." emma said half sleep.

layla takes one of her airpods out of her ear looking at emma, "hey bub," she said to emma leaning down kissing the girl's forehead, "go back to sleep," emma moves, "come back with me,"

layla looked away from the video back to emma, gulping she knew she was gonna have to really choose between either emma and anna. even though she said yes to be emma's girlfriend, she still liked anna.

"okay,"

she shuts her phone off moving down, coming to wrap her arm around emma's waist half smiling into emma's shoulder slowly closing her eyes.

—————

a week has gone past and layla was finally going back home today to see her family, emma hugged her girlfriend last as anna drove layla to the airport since emma had to go to another photoshoot what was really important.

layla looked out of anna's car window sighing, "you okay?" layla turns to look at anna, "yeah," anna looked at layla then at the road again, "you can tell me what's wrong, lay.."

layla looked at anna, "you know that tiktok you made on your spam account this morning was that about me?" she asked anna as the said girl parked her car in front of the airport.

anna opens and closed her mouth, "cause if it is.. i miss you too," layla said to anna, "w-what?" anna said to layla confused, "i know things aren't the same between us, but i miss you, i do.."

she said looking into anna's blue eyes, "but you're with emma now," layla nods her head, "i know but i can't stop thinking about you," layla said to anna honestly, "anna, and i don't want to stop thinking about you,"

anna opens her mouth, "um.. are you being serious or are you joking?" layla looked at anna, "i'm being 100 percent serious right now," anna looked at layla's green/blue eyes, leaning in close to the girl, her hand coming to the back of layla's neck bringing layla close to her.

layla leaning in, their lips inches apart when layla lays her forehead against anna's, sighing, "i-i cant.. not right now," she said moving away from anna.

even though she really wanted to kiss anna, she didn't want to cheat on emma even though it felt like she was cheating on emma in that moment with anna, "i need to break up with her," she said, "what.. when you're in arizona? you're gonna break up with her?"

layla sighed, "it'd better that way so we could both have space," anna looked at layla, "i don't want to break a relationship," layla looked at anna seriously, "it's always been you, emma already knows this,"

anna looked at layla, "she hasn't been the same since you came into her room when we were kissing a week ago," she said to anna, "it's like she's distancing herself from me,"

"like yesterday at dinner, where was she.. she was with eva and connor on the end of the table away from me," she said to anna running her fingers through her hair, "we didn't even cuddle last night,"

anna held layla's hand in hers, "i just want everything to back to the way things were before everything bad happened," anna nods her head to what layla was saying.

layla looks down to her iphone, clearing her throat, "i need to go," anna moves her hand away from layla's coming out of her car, going to the trunk of her car getting out layla's suitcase.

"don't miss me too much," she said to anna kissing the girl's cheek leaving anna confused. did layla just confess her feelings for her? or was her mind playing games with her right now.