waking up

layla got out of her bed the next morning where she sees her best friend, brad and noah downstairs waiting for her, "hey—"

layla grabs onto her childhood girl best friend's hand, "let's go!" liberty chuckled looking back to her boyfriend and noah who shook their heads with smiles on their faces.

noah gets into the passenger seat of his twin sister's hometown car, with liberty and brad in the back passenger seats.

layla runs a hand through her brunette hair driving towards the arizona hospital coming inside where she along with her friends and brother get a visitor pass onto their shirts coming onto hunter's room floor.

she lets out a breath turning the corner when she looks inside hunter darrow's hospital room seeing hannah sleeping next to hunter with her head on his chest, hunter was awake while hannah was peacefully sleeping.

"h-hey,"

hunter turned his head to where his first girlfriend stood with her twin brother and his friends, "hey becky," layla smiles at hunter's childhood nickname for her, "you're awake,"

hunter nods his head, "yep," hannah started to move in her boyfriend's arms with hunter kissing the top of his girlfriend's head, "so i've heard you two have met,"

layla hummed looking at where hannah slept on him, "you and anna both did the same thing, you both dm'ed us," hunter chuckled, "that's just what i do,"

hunter bro hugs noah and brad where liberty hugs hunter smiling as hannah finally wakes up, "morning babe," hannah smiles gently kissing her boyfriend's cheek, "morning,"

"uh, what time is it?"

layla looked down to her apple watch seeing a notification of justin's number coming through, "um-" she furrowed her eyebrows taking off the message from her screen, "it's 10am,"

hunter looked at layla, "so i heard from noah, that you made a mashup with my song," layla turned to her brother who smiled, "i heard you in your bedroom singing with hunter's voice playing in the background,"

"what song was it?"

layla clears her throat turning back to her first boyfriend, "it's with even when," hunter looked at her smiling, "we could always play that song when i go back on tour,"

layla smiled when an idea comes to her mind, "i'm actually planning a world tour with my management, maybe i can get you to open for me and we can perform that song together," hunter smiled from where he sat on his hospital bed, "that sounds good,"

hannah looked to layla, "do you guys wanna get something to eat? i know hunter needs to eat something as well," everyone turns to look at hunter who playfully rolled his eyes, "babe, i said i'm okay,"

hannah shook her head, "i know you won't eat if i'm not making you eat," hunter looked at his friends meeting layla's eyes nodding his head as hannah took layla and liberty's hand going to the cafeteria.

____

"maybe i stare too much, maybe not long enough, funny how i forget to blink, when you let down your hair, dancin' like no one's there, i know where i'm supposed to be,"

layla sang sitting on the hospital bed chair as she has her acoustic guitar on her lap strumming the chords as her friends, hunter and hannah listened to her sing.

hunter smiled sincerely, "say i love you under my breath, more times than you can digest, music every time i hear your name, oh.." he knew from the start of their relationship, that layla would become a singer inspiring young people.

hannah smiled with her head on her boyfriend's chest, "your head's layin right on my chest, sun's up, but i still ain't got no rest," layla sang strumming her guitar.

looking up to her friend's and brother's encouraging eyes, "don't wanna close my eyes, i'm scared i'll miss too much, don't wanna fall asleep, i'd rather fall in love," noah smiled at his sister.

layla ended her song as everyone clapped their hands with hunter looking at his girl best friend, "your voice is beautiful," layla turning her head to where a nurse stood outside of hunter's hospital room, "uh thanks,"

more nurses and doctors looked at layla who was clearly uncomfortable under their stares, "th-thank you,"

hannah looked at the nurses and doctors who now moved away from her boyfriend's hospital doorframe, "hey, you okay?" layla nods her head rubbing at her arm, "y-yeah, i'm fine,"

noah comes towards his sister knowing that layla was uncomfortable underneath their intense stares, "you're okay, they're gone now," he said into his sister's hair as layla hugged noah back.

noah's phone started to vibrate in his pocket pulling back from his sister's embrace taking his iphone out from his pocket seeing anna calling him, "it's anna,"

layla furrowed her eyebrows when she went to get her iphone out from her pocket when she didn't feel her phone there remembering she left it at home, "i left my phone at home,"

noah hands his phone to his sister where she answered her girlfriend's call stepping out of hunter's hospital room, "h-hey bub—"

anna on the other side of the phone sighed, "bub, why didn't you answer your phone, i-i thought something bad happened to you," layla frowned, "anna, bubby, i'm okay, i left my phone at home i'm-i'm sorry,"

layla ran a hand through her hair, "okay.. i thought something bad happened cause you weren't answering," layla frowns, "i love you,"

"i love you, too,"

"i um, i finally finished that song i performed you and the girls at home," anna half smiled, "what song?" layla half smiles, "the i don't wanna close my eyes, i'm scared i'll miss too much one," she said to her girlfriend over her twin brother's phone.

noah clears his throat from where he stood near the doorframe, "i'll facetime you when i get home, okay, i love you, yeah, bye-bye," layla ends the call to her girlfriend handing noah his iphone back coming back into hunter's hospital room.