no superman

layla the next day was picked up by drew at 12 as promised with the two of them going to the hospital where drew's mother currently is with his father and some of their family.

"are you gonna play something for her?"

he asked seeing his ex girlfriend with her acoustic guitar on her lap, "drew, you know if you guys are having trouble with paying for her treatment then i can—"

drew stopped her, "layla, we're fine-" layla turns to him once he stopped his car in the parking lot, "i know when you're lying," drew looked at layla's face, "oh really?"

layla nods her head, "your eyebrow goes up whenever you tend to lie," she said touching his eyebrow what was slightly raised, "um sorry," she moves her hand away from his eyebrow clearing her throat, "i can make a go fund me page for her,"

drew shook his head, "i-we're fine," layla shook her head coming onto her iphone going onto the go fund me page and making a page for drew's mother where she is gonna sing to the sick patients at arizona hospital adding it to her instagram story and posting it onto her tiktok.

she locked her phone where it immediately started to buzz with notifications of her go fund me page going crazy with her supporters helping her, "let's go,"

"layla, what did you do?"

layla just smiles getting out of drew's car coming to the front of the hospital, "i made a go fund me page for your mom and i put on it whoever gives money for the page will comment where they are from, and i'll do a convert there,"

drew smiles at her, "you're amazing you know that, right?" layla flicks her hair behind her shoulder, "of course i know," they both chuckled coming inside the building.

layla lets out a breath when drew goes inside his mother's hospital room, coming inside a few minutes when layla's eyes mets sandra's brown eyes, her eyes going up to sandra where a bandana is on her head and there's an iv drip in her arm, "hi.."

"layla,"

sandra smiled at her son's ex girlfriend, "how are you, sweetheart?" layla smiles at the women, "i'm good, how are you?" sandra playfully rolls her eyes, "i could be better," everyone chuckled, "well i have a song i want to play to you,"

"okay.."

layla clears her throat when one of drew's older family members lets layla sit in the chair with the beck girl thanking the women, clearing her throat, "okay, so obviously when me and drew were dating, you were always there for me, and my superhero, so this is to you mama sandra,"

drew went onto layla's phone on her instagram live where he was now filming her with comments rolling in, "okay.." she started to strum her guitar, "sometimes love's a scary place,"

anna furrowed her eyebrows joining her girlfriend's live seeing her girlfriend singing to someone, "it's like standing in the dark.."

sandra smiles from her hospital bed, "flying through the universe, trying to fix your broken heart," layla remembered when drew's brother died, and sandra took it really hard, "it's okay to let it go, you don't have to be so brave, take a chance if someone else, is gonna sweep in and save the day,"

layla stands up from the chair coming towards sandra, "you don't have to face your fears alone, cause whenever you're in trouble, i'll know," sandra moves up letting layla sit beside her.

sandra smiles at the girl with drew still filming, "let me be your superhero, there isn't a place i won't go, whenever you need me by your side, i'll be there, be there..." layla smiles, "never be afraid if you fall, i'll carry you away from it all, let me be your superhero, let me be your superhero,"