her brother's surgery

layla bounced her leg as she was in just a house with her friends all making tiktoks, anna moved away from dev and eva coming to layla who continued to bounce her leg up and down nervously, "are you okay?"

layla looked away from her bouncing leg up to anna, who then sits down next to her on the living room couch, "y-yeah," anna looked into layla's eyes, her hand immediately coming onto layla's leg to stop the girl's leg from bouncing.

but layla's legs continued to bounce up and down, "what's wrong?" layla looked at anna, "i'm just- i'm just scared," anna furrowed her eyebrows as the just a house girls stopped what they are doing looking to layla and anna, "why are you scared lele?"

eva asked coming behind the living room couch looking at her best friend, "i'm just scared that noah is not going to be okay," the girls frowned listening to what layla said.

dev held onto layla's shoulder, "i promise you," she said to her best friend, "that noah is going to be okay," layla looked down to her shaking hands, when a pair of hands come over her hands taking them into hers.

layla looks up seeing that it was emma holding her hands in her hands, "hey it's going to be okay," she said looking directly into layla's green/blue eyes, "noah is strong, he will get through this,"

"anyways, when is the surgery?"

layla clears her throat, "tomorrow that's why tonight i'm gonna stay around dixie's apartment with him," the girls all nod their heads, "okay," they all voiced out.

eva looked at her, "but yeah, he's going to be fine.." layla lets out a breath feeling her nerves calm down from all of her friend's reassurance.

—————

"we're on our way to the doctor's office," noah showed him and dixie to his vlog camera then showing his twin sister who was in the back of the car.

layla waved her hand slightly to her brother's vlog camera as her hair was in a messy bun, "hey," she said smiling, noah smiles back at his twin sister looking back to his vlog camera, "i'm nervous, i don't want to die,"

layla then felt her nerves come back from when her brother said that, "you're not going to die," dixie voiced out, she looks back to layla in her rearview mirror, "he's not going to die layla,"

layla meet her brother's girlfriend's eyes for reassurance knowing dixie was being truthful, noah stopped filming turning back to his sister, "layla, he's not going to die,"

layla's legs bounced up and down, "he's going to put under anaesthesia so he can be asleep when they do the surgery," layla nods her head to what dixie said, noah looked at his sister touching layla's hand.

"i'm going to be okay,"

they were talking to noah's vlog camera, "so noah thinks he can out strong the anaesthesia, and he's like i'll be fine, i will just uber home,"

layla said shaking her head to her brothers vlog camera, "its not going to affect me," layla shakes her head, "no youre not,"

"i'm not letting it affect me,"

noah kept talking about things he wanted to do today but dixie and layla declined noah's offer shaking their heads as the doctor told them that they had to stay at home relaxing not going on hikes like noah wanted to do.

"no noah,"

layla said to her twin brother, she messaged anna and the girls saying how annoying her brother was being under this anaesthesia,

they finally arrived to the doctor's office, layla played with his fingers putting her face mask on coming inside the surgery with her brother and dixie.

"noah beck?"

noah stands up following after the nurse after hugging his sister and girlfriend, layla sits back down onto the hospital chair seeing anna texting her about if she's okay.

layla responds back to anna and the just a house girls who were checking in on their best friend, dixie held layla in her arms knowing how the girl just nervous at these surgeries.

—————

layla was now again in the back seat, leaning forwards in dixie's car as she looked at her brother filming him, "how was your surgery?"

dixie asked her boyfriend, noah makes a face with a tear falling down his face, "no stop don't," dixie said to her boyfriend, "how are you feeling?"

layla asked her brother, "i feel like i have lube on my eye," he said making layla slightly chuckle, "they said it's for the crustiness, i mean i'm not crusty," layla chuckles again at her brother's response.

"did they tape your eye shut?"

noah shakes his head, "no i don't think so," they look at the time, "time flew, oh my god, it's already twelve," layla filmed her brother opening his jacket up showing what he had on.

"this is connected to my armpit,"

he said showing the tube, they talked more about how noah felt and how the surgery went when they come back to dixie's apartment.

layla filming noah walking to dixie's apartment, they come into dixie's apartment as layla stopped filming seeing anna texting her again.

noah looked over his sister's shoulder seeing anna's contact name, "is anna coming around?" layla shakes her head, "no noah, she's at home making tiktoks,"

layla said to her brother, noah frowned, "i loved it when you guys were together," layla furrowed her eyebrows, "we were never together noah,"

noah looked at his sister, "she's in love with you, i can just tell that she's in love with you," layla looked at her brother then to dixie who shrugged her shoulders at what her boyfriend was saying.

layla felt her cheeks redden at the mention of anna being in love with her, "no she's not, we're friends, best friends," noah shakes his head as dixie leads him to his bed, "layla, i know you're in love with her too,"

layla gulps, "n-no i-i'm not," noah makes a face to his sister as dixie left them to make noah some soup, "yes you are and i know everyone would love you two together,"

layla runs the back of her neck, "i just don't want everyone to rush us being together," noah looked at his sister, "if you are going to be together then you two will be together, you're meant to be like me and dixie are," layla smiled at her brother, "i love you mr thick neck,"

noah smiles, "i love you too paigey," they talked more about her and anna's relationship, and it made layla think about all of the times she's heard their friends say to anna about how them two are in love with each other, they've always denied their feelings for each other but maybe this time.

maybe it was going to be different.

layla rubbed the back of her neck sitting beside her twin brother as they watched a film on noah's bed, layla thought about anna and how the said girl has been so supportive of layla's music and everything else that has been going on.

"i am in love with her,"