You know what, let me just show you what happened…

"Hi baby." Her voice was tired and quiet as I leaned down to peck her lips.

"Hi princess. Are you ready to head to bed?" She pecks my lips a couple of times humming out a yes before I move around the front of the couch to pick Billy up.

"We can wake them up, you know." Wanda says amused that I wanted to carry the boys up to bed. 

"It's okay, they're tired. You stay there I will be back down for Tommy and then for." 

I carry Billy up to one of the guest rooms, making sure to put the covers over him before heading back down the stairs and doing the same thing for Tommy; Wanda leaving kisses on my cheek as I lift the second child up. When I come back down from putting Tommy in bed, Wanda is sitting criss-cross applesauce on the couch, her hands in her lap as she fiddles with her rings. She is looking down to her hands with a small smile on her face. 

"What's got you smiling?" She tilts her head up slightly so she can look up at me through her eyelashes.

"You." She replies easily. 

"What about me has you smiling so giddily?" I crouch down in front of her, resting my right cheek on her knee, my left hand moving to trace up and down her calf. Wanda's left hand moves to weave through my hair as she looks at me and only at me. 

"Everything." I turn my head to plant a kiss of her knee before looking back at her. "You just make me so happy. My heart is so full." 

"Don't let it get too full otherwise there won't be any room for more happiness." She shakes her head as smiling that cute smile of hers as her nose scrunches.

"I would let it overflow with happiness just to make room for more. I would rather drown in the happiness then have to decide which parts of the happiness I get to keep and what I have to ignore." I hum in thought.

"Are you a poet?" I smile widely as Wanda giggles at my question.

"No, I'm not. Are you?" I move my hand from her leg to her hand, pushing my fingers between hers as I watch her fingers gently curl to hold my hand properly. 

"I can be whatever you want me to be, or all that you wish to believe. As mysterious as the black sea, be all that which you perceive. A giant I have been told I am, but for you I can be an elf, use up all my engram, our love not found on any bookshelves. For you are my princess, I am your sweetheart, your strawberry scent is my personal favourite incense, you are my favourite piece of art. I love you, you love me, everything we feel is brand new, our love eternal that's a guarantee. Nothing between us will ever be superfluous, for we are just us."

"Baby…" Wanda's voice is barely a whisper and I look up from our joined hands to see her lip between her teeth and a few unshed tears in her eyes. "That was beautiful."

"Just like the woman it's about." Her lip slides from beneath her teeth as a toothy grin grows on her face, her nose scrunching and her eyes almost close with how wide it goes. 

"Are you a poet?" She repeats my question back to me.

"No, but I think the person who writes this shit dabbles." She tilts her head in utter confusion.

"Who writes what now?" 

"Just my inner thoughts. You know, like an inner monologue. Just my subconscious brain doing the darndest to be conscious." 

What the fuck was that author? 

Hey! Don't come after me because I'm just writing what you're thinking, doing and let me tell you some of this shit you do makes me need to take a breather. This is all on you.