Massage and Important Conversations

I'm once again woken up by the light that is seeping through the open curtain, neither of us having closed them yesterday, smiling when I feel the weight on top of me shuffle a little. Looking at the bedside clock and seeing it read 7.27am I decide to get myself up, because I probably won't be able to go back to sleep now anyway. 

I shuffle out from underneath Wanda replacing myself with a pillow and placing a cushion between her legs. I freeze when she mumbles something, her lips slapping together, hoping I've not woken her. When she settles back down I creep over to the window, closing the blackout curtains and plunging the room into darkness. I turn on the small lamp on the chest of drawers adjusting the brightness to the lowest setting.

It's giving out enough light so I can search my draws for clothes but not enough to wake up sleeping beauty. I slip on some underwear, sweatpants and a hoodie before grabbing a piece of paper to leave Wanda a note. 

Morning Princess,

Sorry for not staying in bed with you but I needed to sort the washing out, and make sure everything is cleaned properly. We are off to Banff today, if you feel up to it. It's a 30 minute drive and we can grab some food and have a small walk around. We don't have to stay there the whole day, it is only a small little town. 

Anyway, once you wake up just message me and I will bring you up some pancakes and coffee. 

Love you 
Xxx

I place the note next to her on the pillow so it's the first thing she sees when she wakes up, before I make my way downstairs to sort everything out. I walk into the living room grabbing my airpods out of my bag, connecting them to my phone and finding something to listen to on Spotify. I find one called Spring Cleaning 🌼🌺 and the music choice I know for sure is going to distract me from my task.

Oh well. Hitting play the first song that starts playing is Stupid Love by Lady Gaga and I start dancing my way to the utility room. I grab the washing line that's one end of the room and slide my feet along the floor in time to the music to the other. When we designed this place we made sure there was enough room to hang stuff up inside because we did not want it to freeze outside. I tie off the line on the other end of the room, spinning around and swaying my way over to the washing machine before dropping down to open the door. 

Because they are high thread count sheets I don't risk putting them in the tumble dryer so they go straight on the line, making sure they aren't folded over themselves so they can dry properly. I grab the tie and cloth, walking back upstairs and sneaking into our room once again. My eyes stay trained on Wanda as I shuffle to the bathroom hanging them up on the towel radiator. 

I walk back out walking over to my sleeping princess, leaving a small kiss on her forehead causing her to smile in her sleep. I stroke some hair out of her face admiring her for the moment, my eyes trailing down her bare back to where the sheets pool at her hips. She is tightly holding onto the pillow that replaced my body and the cushion is gently resting between her legs still. I leave a small kiss on her back before moving to leave but a grip on my hand stops me.

"Stay." She tugs on my hand lightly, her voice full of rasp, and I move back crouching down next to the bed to be level with her eye line.

"Hi princess." Her right hand still has a hold of mine so I bring my left hand up to cup her cheeks. 

Her eyes flutter open, causing me to gently bite the corner of my lip at how they sparkle in the dim light from the lamp I forgot to turn off earlier. Her thumb starts tracing my knuckles as we just look at each other, silence engulfing the room around us. After a moment I lean forward pressing our lips together in a small kiss that is easily reciprocated by Wanda. I pull apart licking at my dry lips, Wanda's eyes darting to watch the movement with a soft smile on her face before they move to look back at mine. I hear music playing still, realising I still have my airpods in. I turn the music off and put them on the bedside table.