Chapter 56

I can't believe it! Where has time gone? It's exactly two days before Dre and I will become one. We were holding a meet and greet at our house. My mom hosted and prepared all the food so I could relax and spend time with my friends.

Jaxon's flight had arrived and I was eager for him and Dre to meet. The doorbell rang, when I opened the door to see that it was him, I immediately jumped up in his arms and welcomed him to my home. I grabbed his hand and led him into the kitchen to see my mom. She hugged him and told him she was glad to see him.

Just as I was about to take him downstairs where Dre and the rest of the men were playing pool, we saw Darah and LaShae walking down the stairs. Darah yelled Jaxon's name and jumped in his arms. She was just as excited to see Jaxon as I was. It was like having the big brother home that we hadn't seen in years. He asked about the twins and Darah told him she had just laid them down for a nap. I introduced Jaxon to LaShae. He said it was nice to finally put a face with the name; feeling like they already knew one another because I would talk to each one about the other all of the time.

Holding Jaxon's hand, I led him downstairs. Dre and my dad were sitting at the bar, Isaac and Sean were playing pool while Dre's brother and father watched. Dre watched me as I walked towards him holding Jaxon's hand. When my dad realized who it was, he got up and welcomed Jaxon with a bro hug. Dre stood up, never taking his eyes off of me.

"Dre baby. This is my best guy friend Jaxon Malzon. Jaxon, this is my husband- to-be, Andre Hassan."

Dre stuck his hand out to shake Jaxon's hand. Jaxon told Dre it was good to finally meet the man that keeps his friend happy. I just stood to the side of them with the widest grin on my face. Dre finally told Jaxon it was good to finally meet him as well and offered him something to drink.

"I'll leave you guys to continue what you were doing."

Just before I could go back up stairs, Dre pulled me to him and tongue kissed me. I don't mind being affectionate around others, but my dad was around and I don't do that around my parents. I pulled away and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll let you guys know when dinner is ready."

Jaxon was standing at the bar behind Dre watching as I walked back up the stairs. I walked back in the kitchen where my mom, LaShae, Darah, Dre's mother and sisters were laughing about something. I asked what had I missed. Darah said that she just told Dre's sisters and mother that I was introducing my ex to my fiancé. They all thought that it was a crazy but bold move. Dre's mom couldn't contain her laughter. She said she knows for a fact that Dre did something to mark his territory.

I started laughing. "Of course he did. It wouldn't be Andre if he didn't." We all laughed as mom poured wine in our glasses. We all planned on having a drama free good time tonight.

An hour later, we were all sitting in the dining room ready to eat. Seeing our family and friends sitting at the table prepared to break bread brought me so much joy. I was so overcome with emotions that I couldn't contain it. I started crying and Dre pulled me to him trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

At first I couldn't talk, I just kept crying. LaShae got up from her seat and took me to the powder room. She knew what I was feeling. Just hugging me tight, she didn't say a word. I finally calmed down and freshened my face. LaShae held my hand as we walked back to the dining room. I sat beside Dre and he pulled me towards him holding and hugging me.

Feeling the tears trying to appear again, I grabbed Dre around his waist and pressed my face against his chest. I could see Jaxon looking at me with so much concern. My dad finally stood and said a prayer of thanksgiving and prayed over my union with Dre. Before he sat down, I stood up and looked at each person sitting at the table. Needing Dre for comfort, I held his hand.

"I know you all are probably wondering what's wrong with me. Just seeing our family and friends sitting here today about to partake of this feast together fills my heart with so much joy. The emotion became so overwhelming that all I could do was cry. Each and every one of you are important to me. I'm so blessed to have you in my life and in Dre's life. Thank you for being here tonight and a special thanks to our family and friends that traveled from abroad to be here with us. I love you guys."

I sat back down and leaned on Dre's shoulder. He kissed me on my forehead, and whispered that he loves me. We finally started passing the dishes around and filling up our plates with all the delicious foods my mom had prepared. We spent the rest of the evening eating, drinking, talking, playing games; just having a great time.

————————————————————

Dre didn't want anyone one the road because we'd all been drinking. Some more than others but nonetheless, we all had a few adult beverages. LaShae and her family along with Darah and her family stayed in the rooms on the first floor. Dre's parents and my parents stayed in the rooms on the second floor. Dre's sisters and brother along with their families stayed in the two bedroom apartment over the detached garage. Thankfully we had a few blow up mattresses for the kids to sleep on. The small living room has a couch that lets out into a full-size bed, so it was enough room for everyone to sleep comfortably. Jaxon stayed in the bedroom on the third floor. After making sure everyone was comfortable, Dre and I were finally able to get in bed. I was so tired. This has been a very busy week. I snuggled under Dre, laying on his chest, allowing the sound of his heartbeat to cradle me to sleep.