Chapter 14

It's finally Friday and I'm in the air headed home. I'm so excited. I didn't tell Andre that I'd be at the game because I wanted to surprise him. We've talked just about every day this week and it was so hard not to tell him. 

The plane landed and I made my way through the corridor to the luggage belt. After getting my suitcase, I hear my mom calling me. I turn around to see her smiling and running towards me. My dad was right on her heel. They both hugged me, checking me out as if something was wrong with me. 

"We missed our baby girl!"

"I missed you too!"

My mom looks at me and asks if I've been eating because it looks like I've lost weight. Being so busy at work with projects, contract preparation and maintaining inventory, most days I would skip dinner when I get home. Sleep would be waiting on me at the door.

"Well I may or may not skip dinner a few nights a week." I told my mom.

"Tahleea that's not healthy. You need to make sure you're eating. You're going to make yourself sick."

I could see the concern in her eyes, but my dad came to the rescue.

"It is so good to have the two most important and most beautiful women in my presence at the same time. Shall we go eat now. Maybe Tahleea can gain those two pounds back that she lost."

I giggled at my dad because I know he said that to get under my mom's skin. She just looked at him and rolled her eyes. I really miss my parents. These next two years were going to be hard being away from them, but it will pay off for me. The sacrifice is worth the reward.

We make it to my favorite restaurant and I'm ready to chow down. The waitress takes our order and my parents and I discuss the latest project that I'm working on. I happened to look down at my mom's finger and notice she has the most beautiful diamond on her ring finger. She noticed that I was looking at her hand and when my eyes met hers, she had the biggest smile on her face and her eyes were so bright. 

"Tahleea, your dad and I had other reasons for wanting you to come home this weekend. We are getting married again!"

"Momma, daddy, that's great! I'm so happy for you! Have you set a date?"

"Yes. We are going to have a small ceremony at the house in the backyard on Monday."

"Mama, I didn't bring clothes appropriate to wear to your wedding."

"Don't worry about that. It's already taken care of."

My mom said she'd already purchased my dress, shoes and jewelry. She also scheduled to have someone come to the house to do our hair and makeup. It would be a small ceremony with a few family and friends in attendance. My dad looked at my mom with so much love and adoration. I'm so glad they were able to work things out. 
When I was young, I always hoped they'd get back together. Even though it didn't happen then, the timing couldn't be any more perfect.

Our food is finally delivered and everything looks good.  My mom looked at my plate. She couldn't believe that I ordered steak and a baked potato. I told her that I was determined to gain the two pounds I'd lost before leaving. My dad burst out laughing as my mom rolled her eyes at both of us.

After we finished eating, my dad paid the ticket and I convinced them to let me leave a tip. We headed home so I could get myself together and get some rest. I was a little sleepy. After getting my shower and putting on my pjs, I went to my parent's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," I heard my dad say.

I walked in and both my parents were in bed watching a movie. I politely crawled in the middle of them. My mom looked down at me.