Chapter 47

Isaac, Darah, the twins and I have finally landed in Huntsville, AL. The weather is nice, a comfortable 75 degrees with clear skies. We came a few days early so Darah and Isaac's parents could spend time with the twins. Since we were going to be away for a few days, we each brought our laptops to check our email for new contracts or questions from our customers or potential customers.

I rented a SUV so we could travel together while we're here. Darah, Isaac and the twins were staying at Isaac's parents house and I'm staying at a local hotel. After dropping off my crew, I made my way to the hotel. I was ready for a shower and relaxation. The last few weeks I've been getting tired a lot. I think my iron is low again, so I'll need to be sure to set up an appointment to see my doctor when I get back home.

Finally unpacked, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. This room is immaculate with a king size bed and huge shower. The hotel has what they call a "kick back" where two adult beverages are served with a small buffet of food. As long as they have tequila, I'm good. After showering, washing my face and brushing my teeth, I slipped on a pair of leggings and an oversized off the shoulder sweater with my Nike slides. I called my parents to let them know we'd arrived and settled. After talking to them for about ten minutes, I called Dre. The phone rang several times before he answered.

"Hey babe! Are you alright?"

"Yes I'm good. I was just letting you know we'd arrived and that I'm settled in my hotel room. I think I may partake in the kick back."

Dre asked me what is the kick back so I explained it to him.

"Why did you answer the phone like you were out of breath? Are you working out?"

"Yeah I was on the treadmill. I thought about going to the gym but really didn't want to leave the house since you're not with me."

"Awww babe. I'll be back in a few days."

Since Dre was working out, I didn't want to hold him on the phone long. Just as I was about to hang up the phone, I heard a voice in the background. Before I could ask who was there, Dre had already hung up the phone. It was probably the television or his music. He always had them blasting when he worked out.

I grabbed my door key and cell phone and walked down to the dining area to check out the kick back. Everything was set up. The buffet consisted of salad, chips and salsa, meatballs, little smokies, nacho cheese and ground beef. For the free drinks the choices were Tequila Sunrise, Bloody Mary, Crown Royal and Bud Lite. All in all, it was a nice little set up.

As I was walking to the line to get my free adult beverages, someone called my name. I turned to see that it was Eric and the rest of Jaxon's friends from California. Eric ran up to me and hugged me.

"Hey Eric! How are you guys doing?"

"We're good. I guess we're all here to see my boy tie the knot."

"Yes, I guess we are."

Eric asked me to join them at their table after I got my food and drinks. I had the bartender pour double shots of Tequila. Once I had my drinks, I fixed some nachos with ground beef. Since I hadn't eaten since this morning, I was a little hungry. I sat at the table with the guys. We talked about what had gone on in our lives the past three years. It was exciting to see the guys again and catch up on things. They had either gotten married, engaged or still single. Eric was the single one. He said he hadn't found the right one. I told him to keep searching because he'll find the right woman one day. He kissed me on the cheek.

"See this is why I like you so much Tee. You're always positive."

I started laughing. "Is that the only reason you like me?" We all laughed. Of course he said that wasn't the only reason.