Chapter 37

I've finally touched down in Dallas. My parents were waiting for me. My mom told me she had cooked because she knew I would be too tired to go out for dinner since my flight was late landing. When we got home, my dad put my luggage in my room. I'm glad that I shipped Corrina, LaShae and Sean's Christmas gifts to my parents house. Now all I need to do is wrap them.

I went to my bathroom to take a shower and my nightly routine. Once I was dressed, I called Jaxon. I told him that I was home and was going to get some rest. He told me he already missed me but wanted me to enjoy my time here. He had to get his fix and I think he tried to get enough to last him for a week.  Jaxon has never really been agressive with me during sex, but the past few days with him was a little different. Not that I'm complaining.

I was too tired to invade my parent's room, so I went to sleep in my bed. My body begged for rest. To ensure all of my presentations were completed, I worked extra hours and was up late getting everything prepared. Jaxon wasn't happy about it, but I made up for it once I did go to bed.

The next morning, I awake with the light of the sun creeping through my bedroom window. I looked at the clock on my nightstand to see that it's 10 a.m. Dang it! I've missed breakfast, I thought. I get out of bed and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I opened my bedroom door to go downstairs to meet my parents in the kitchen. To my surprise, my mom was just starting breakfast.  I was happy as a little child on Christmas Day. I walked over and kissed my dad and the same with my mom.

"Good morning to the best parents in the whole state of Texas!"

"Good morning baby girl."

I asked them if they had plans for today and my mom said she planned on staying home to clean. She already had all of the gifts wrapped. Her staying home meant that I would have to stay in my room and lock the door so I could wrap my parent's gifts. I thanked her for wrapping Corrina, LaShae and Sean's gifts. Since my mom was still cooking, I took the opportunity to go back to my room to wrap their gifts. I grabbed the wrapping paper, tape, a box and ribbon from the closet and went to my room.  I placed everything on my desk and started wrapping my parent's gifts.  After I was done, I changed out of my pajamas, slipping on some leggings, an oversized sweater and my fuzzy house shoes. I took the gifts I'd wrapped and placed them under the Christmas tree.

Breakfast was done, so I went into the kitchen and sat at the table with my parents so we could eat together. When we were done eating, my dad asked me if I would ride out with him for a few minutes. I knew that meant shopping for my mom. I ran upstairs to put on my Ugg boots and grabbed my purse and cell phone. It wasn't long before my dad and I were on our way to the mall. Our first stop was Macy's. My dad bought my mom 2 pant suits because she doesn't really wear dresses to work. We then made our way to the Nike store where he purchased a pair of Nike running shoes and a Nike sweatsuit. We then went to Luri Luggage to get my mom the Gucci luggage set with matching purse. I know she's going to love it. She'll have a new luggage set for the vacation they're taking in a few months. There was a gift wrapping stand set up inside of the mall. The proceeds paid to have your gifts wrapped goes to a few of our local charities so my dad paid to have all of the gifts wrapped. 

I can't believe how quick he was able to pick out every thing he wanted to get my mom in less than two hours.  When I asked him, he said he'd already browsed around and knew what he wanted to get mom for Christmas. He spoils me and my mom.  We're his only girls.

On our way home, I told my dad that Jaxon would be leaving to go to Japan for at least five years and the opportunity to go to the next level within the company. My dad said he was glad to hear that and he's especially glad to see young men take their career seriously and have the ambition and drive to learn more. He noticed that I had gotten quiet.

"Danielle, what's wrong?' He asked.

"Jaxon and I have always talked about our career goals. It was never a secret that he had requested the opportunity to go to Japan to move up the corporate ladder, I just thought we'd have more time together. I'm happy for him and proud of him. I guess I'm just being selfish because I know I'm going to miss him so much. I'm not looking forward to that day at all, daddy. He said that he would pull his request so he could stay with me. I told him that he has to go. I would never want to hold him back from an opportunity for him to do better."

"It's going to be ok Danielle. I'm glad that you encouraged him through your sadness. That's true love, baby girl."

"I really do love him. He'll always hold a special place in my heart."

My dad then asked if I had talked to Andre. I told him that Andre checks on me three to four times a week depending on the team schedule. My dad said he thinks that if I ever give Andre another chance, if he's a smart man, he'll make sure he does what he needs to do to keep me. I just kind of shook my head because right now, starting a relationship with Andre is far from my mind.  Right now all I want to do is spend as much time as I can with Jaxon. Heck I'm craving him right now.  He's definitely my love drug. 

We make it home and my dad puts all of my mom's gifts under the tree. I go upstairs to my room and call Jaxon. He answers on the first ring.

"Hey babe."

"Hey, I miss you." I stated.

"I miss you too. What have you been doing?"

"I went to the mall with my dad to get my mom's gifts. We talked about you."

"Why were you guys talking about me?"

"I told him that you were leaving me on February 1st and that I was sad about it."

"Taleeah don't do this to me. I'm trying to be in the Christmas spirit."

"I'm sorry. Everything is going to be ok. Remember I'm proud of you. You will always be mine no matter what. Plus you know I'll be coming back to Dallas in another year so either way, one of us would have been leaving."

"Well at least we would have had another year together, not freaking five weeks!" 

We needed to get our minds off of the move, so I changed the subject.

"Are you going to open the gifts from me on Christmas?"

I wrapped the gifts for Jaxon and his dad and placed his mom and sister's gift card in a tin gift card box and dropped everything over his parents house to place under the tree.

"No, I'm waiting for you to come back before I open my gifts. I'm thinking about bringing my gifts back to my house. I want us to open our gifts together, just us."

"That's fine with me. Are you going to let me go to your parents first so I can watch them unwrap the gifts I got for them?"

"We can go over there for a few minutes when you get back. Since your flight comes in early, we can go after I pick you up if that's ok? I'll need you for the rest of the day for myself." 

I started laughing.

"Jaxon Malzon, you can be so selfish sometimes. Do you know that?"

"I'm only like that when it comes to my woman."

We talked a few minutes longer. I told him I would call him at bedtime so my voice would be the last thing he would hear.

A/N

Hello Sunshines,

I hope you are enjoying my book. Tahleea, Andre, Jaxon and the crew has so much more in store for you. Trust me, you don't want to miss it.

Please vote, comment and share 😘