Chapter 50

I had so much fun with my crew, but I was glad to get back to my man and my parents. Dre picked us up from the airport and dropped off Isaac, Darah and the twins at their house. We had arrived at Dre's penthouse and he was unloading my luggage. After I unpacked everything, washed and dried my clothes, it was time for me to spend the rest of the day snuggling with Dre. He was in the den watching some film of some of their games. Dre not only played the game of football, he studied it.

I had made us both a grilled chicken salad and cucumber water. I sat down beside him and gave him his bowl of salad.

"This looks good Tee. Thank you." He kissed me on my cheek and we both dug in.

I have to say, I make a bomb salad. Once we finished eating, I took the bowls to the kitchen to wash them. As I was straightening the kitchen, Dre walked up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me on my cheek. He turned me around and studied my face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Tee do you really know how much I love you? Do my actions equal my words?"

I didn't know why he was asking, but I knew he was ready for my honest answer. I grabbed his hand and led him back to the den. We sat on the couch opposite of one another. I placed my feet in his lap and he immediately started massaging them. I smiled at him. It's the things that he does without me asking that shows me his love.

"To answer your question, I feel your actions do equal your words. You've shown me that you were serious about doing better in order to be a better man. I see that you are. But I have to tell you that in the beginning of us working things out, I still had my doubts. So in order for me to try this again, I had to allow myself to trust you, past what my eyes could see. Every day since we said we wanted to move forward, you have shown me nothing but love and support."

He continued to massage my feet, but looked at me. He smiled and thanked me for my honesty. "Do you remember the first time I massaged your feet? I really wanted to put your toes in my mouth. You have pretty toes to have been an athlete."

I started laughing. He smiled and continued to massage my feet.

"How did we move from love and actions to toe sucking?"

"I just think about all the things I wanted to do to you, with you, but didn't because I fucked up. Tee I didn't think you would stick to your word the last time we broke up. I was used to charming myself back into your life. I have to admit that when I told you I was going to work on myself to be a better man for you, I wasn't being honest with you or myself. You had let me back in before, so I didn't think this time would be any different. When you told me you were dating Jaxon, happiness was written all over your face. I knew then if I was going to get you back, I had to make some changes within myself. I wasn't going to allow him to keep you. I wanted to be the one to make you happy. And now that we are together, I've challenged  myself to make you happy. I want to see that happiness on your face because of me and no one else."

I am fortunate to have Dre in my life and I pray we can continue to love one another unconditionally. Soon we'll be walking down the aisle to become one and I can't wait.

"So how was Jaxon's wedding?"

———————————————————————

The next day, Dre and I are at the doctor's office patient room waiting to speak with the doctor about my test results. Dre has told me that he's ready to start a family, but I'm not sure if I'm ready. My company is doing well, and I'm not ready to take time off so soon. He's asked me to stop taking my birth control pills. We got into an argument because I feel the time isn't right. He thinks we shouldn't put a specific time on having children and that once I stopped taking the pill, it will happen when it's supposed to happen. Of course I talked to my mom about family planning. She said she wasn't going to get involved because she could see both of our opinions of starting a family being right.