Chapter 18

It was around 2p when Andre and I arrived at Sean's house. I was so excited to see LaShae. She opened the door and we immediately hugged one another.  Her little baby bump was so cute. 

We all sat around talking and catching up on what we each were doing.  LaShae is now the assistant volleyball coach and Sean is a lawyer at his dad's law firm. LaShae showed me the nursery. She's having a girl so the room was full of girly things. I told LaShae that I'd be back for the baby shower which would be 2 months from now. Baby girl is expected to arrive in May. 

Dre and I hung out with LaShae and Sean till dark.  LaShae and I hugged one another while Dre and Sean gave one another the Bro hug and we said our goodbyes. After leaving Sean's house, Andre took me back to my parents house. My mom and dad are getting married tomorrow; my mom and I have a long day of pampering before the nuptials. We pulled into the driveway and I unfastened my seatbelt to get out of the car. Andre grabbed my hand before I could open the door.

"Thank you for spending time with me today."

"You're welcome."

"Your mom invited me to the wedding ceremony. Are you ok with me coming?"

"Of course I'm ok with you coming. I know things are a little different between us but I still want you to come around. How can we work on our relationship if we don't come around one another?"

"Ok then I'll see you tomorrow."

I went in the house and went straight to my room to get myself ready for bed. Mom and dad were in their room watching a movie so I wanted to join them. After getting out of the shower, I rubbed myself down with some Shea butter moisturizing lotion, put on some deodorant, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

Once I was done, I picked up my phone and walked down the hallway to my parents room. I knocked on the door before entering because I didn't want to take a chance of seeing them in action. Just the thought of it creeps me out. I heard my dad. "Come in baby girl." I opened the door. "Is it ok that I watch the movie with you?" "Yes you can." My mom said. I ran and jumped in the middle of them getting under the cover to settle in. I had no plans of sleeping in my room tonight. I'm just a big adult baby that loves to be under her parents. Soon as I was comfortable and was about to doze off, my phone vibrated.  It's a text from Jaxon.

Jaxon: Hey beautiful. How are you?

Me: I'm good. How are you?

Jaxon: I'm good but I'll be better once you're back.

Me: Awww you're so sweet. I have a favor to ask you.

Jaxon: Anything for you.

Me: Would you be able to pick me up from the airport? I should arrive around 6.

Jaxon: Yes I'll pick you up.

Me: Cool.  I'll see you Tuesday evening.

Jaxon: Ok. Good night, beautiful.

Me: Good night.

After finishing that conversation with Jaxon, my phone vibrates again. This time it's Andre.

Dre: Hey babe. Are you settled in for bed?

Me: Yes. I'm actually in bed with my parents watching a movie.

Dre: You are such a big baby.
Me: Yeah I know and my parents wouldn't have it any other way.

Dre: I'd planned on having you in my bed.

Me: Sometimes things don't work out as we plan.

Dre: You're right. I'm so sorry that I messed up your visit here. But I promise you that things will only get better, ok?