Chapter 20

The sweet aroma of hazelnut coffee invaded my nostrils. I sat up on the side of the bed. While stretching, I turned to see if Jaxon was still asleep. He was sprawled out on the couch. I know it couldn't have been comfortable and would make a point to make him sleep in the bed tonight. I'll gladly sleep on the couch given that he drove us here and made sure we had a place to crash for the weekend.

I got up and walked to the couch and stood over him. That's when an idea popped up in my head. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed some tissue rolling it up. I walked back up to Jaxon and stuck the pointed end of the tissue into Jaxon's ear. He moved a little but didn't wake up. Trying again, I rubbed the tissue through his ear. He got up, swatting at his ear. I started laughing so hard. When he realized what was going on, he jumped and picked me up so quick, throwing me on the bed. He started tickling me. I laughed so hard till I thought I'd pee on myself.

"Okaaayyy. Pleaseeee. Stop!" I couldn't stop laughing.

Jaxon soon stopped tickling me but then I thought about how he looked swatting at his ear and started laughing again. Jaxon picked me up and threw me on the bed again this time pinning me down and tickling me relentlessly. Oh my, I can't breath I was laughing so hard.

"Jaxon please stop. I have to peeeee!"

Tears were falling from my eyes due to laughing so hard. Jaxon thought he had hurt me so he immediately stop tickling me and let me up from the bed. I stood up and ran to the bathroom barely making it to the toilet.  After washing my hands, I went ahead and did my daily facial routine and brushed my teeth. When I opened the bathroom door, Jaxon was standing there.

"Shit, you scared me!", I said.

He just laughed and said I need to be scared because I've started a war. Leaving him in the bathroom, I walked downstairs into the kitchen. Darah and Isaac were already sitting at the table each drinking coffee.

Walking over to the coffee maker, I grabbed a mug that was already sat out and fixed a cup of mojo.

"What was so funny earlier?" Darah asked.

I told her what I had done to Jaxon and how he almost slapped his ear off thinking a bug was crawling on him.  As I was doing the little impression, Jaxon walked up behind me and grabbed me up from behind. He had me above his head.

"Please don't drop me!" I screamed.

He let me go and I came falling down. He caught me just as I reached his chest.  My heart was beating out of my chest. I just knew he had dropped me. When I was finally flat on my feet, I popped him on his arm really hard.

"You thought you were going to be floor wax didn't you?"

Jaxon was laughing so hard. He even had Darah and Isaac laughing at me. I kind of pouted a little but soon joined in on the laughter. I can't remember the last time I've laughed like this.

After having coffee, we decided on having breakfast at the Flying Biscuit. When we arrived, there was already a twenty minute wait. We all wanted to try the food so we didn't mind the wait time. After 15 minutes we were seated. Looking over the menu, I decided what I wanted to order.

The waitress came and took our drink orders. We were so hungry that we went ahead and gave her our food order too. While waiting on our food, Jaxon had to share a few  jokes using me as the subject. He told Darah and Isaac that when he got out of the shower, I was already lying on my stomach and snoring. I shook my head and told the crew I don't snore. I had a few jokes too. Jaxon and I went back and forth joking on one another. We all laughed until we had tears coming from our eyes. Being around Jaxon was so different from being with Andre. I felt so carefree. He was fun to be around. Not that Andre wasn't fun to be around, but I definitely haven't laughed the way I have in less than 24 hours of hanging with Jaxon.