Chapter 41

Today has been a very busy one to say the least. It's our first day at TDL Logics. I guess I didn't realize how many companies sought out my expertise and experience until today. There's even a contract ready for me to look over that was submitted by Jaxon.

After working on a few presentations, I called Darah into the office so we could have lunch together. Darah told me she really enjoyed hanging out with my parents and other friends for our barbecue outing over the weekend. She also mentioned how sexy Dre is and how he was very attentive of me. She asked me if we were getting back together. I'm not really sure what's going to happen between Dre and I, so I changed the subject.

I told Darah about my conversation with Jaxon and that he'd found someone that he's dating.

"I don't know why I thought that he'd wait, but he deserves to have someone," I told Darah. I also told her that Dre wants us to date and I agreed as long as we took it slow. Darah said dating and taking things slow is a good idea.

"He needs to take his time to get to know you. You've matured a lot in the last two years. You're not the same young woman that kept letting him hurt her because he couldn't decide what he wanted."

She's right. I'm not that girl. I may be young but I know what I want and need in a relationship and if he wants to be a part of my world, he's got to come with it. Just as Darah and I were talking, my office phone rang.

"TDL Logics, this is Tahleea Layton."

"Damn that sexy voice."

It was Jaxon. "How are you Jaxon? How can I help you?"

"Well it's probably not wise of us to discuss what I really want over the business lines, but for now I'm calling to see if you've had a chance to read the contract I sent over."

"You are so silly. I'm actually looking over it now. Would you like to go ahead and schedule my presentation?"

"Yes I would like to go ahead with that. Would you mind traveling to Japan for the presentation ?"

I got quiet. I know Jaxon is not going to have this company pay to fly me to Japan, pay for my meals  and other travel expenses.

"Ms. Layton, did you hear me?"

"Jaxon that's a lot of money to have me travel for one presentation. Is this your way of getting a chance to see me?"

"Tahleea just say yes and I'll have my secretary send the itinerary to you in a few days."

"Jaxon I would love to but we're just starting and I can't leave my company so soon. This is our first day and we're already busy. Plus you know I'm hands on with all contracts. I just can't right now. So for now can we just set up a Skype call?"

It took some begging, but Jaxon finally agreed to set up a Skype call for me to go over the presentation in two weeks. I'll have all slides sent to him and his colleagues to look over before I present so if there are questions, it can be discussed after the presentation. After I hung up with Jaxon, Darah and I finished our lunch and finished talking about Dre as well as Jaxon's little plan to have me fly to Japan. Darah just laughed at the idea.

"He will always love you Tee."

Not responding to her, but thinking just how right she is and how the affection is reciprocated.

After a long eight hours, it was finally time to end the day. I can honestly say that I didn't expect to have this amount of contracts to oversee, and I'm so thankful. Before officially opening the doors for business, me, my parents and our pastor came by so that our pastor could pray over my business. God was already showing me what He had in store for my business.