Third Year - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

You practically thrusted the drink into the professor's hand. He stared down at it.

"I haven't had chocolate in so long, it used to be my favorite treat as a child. No one tells you about that part... that you'd be allergic to chocolate just like a dog."

"I'm sorry I didn't th—"

Lupin chuckled. "It's alright to indulge just a bit. One tiny drink won't kill me."

"Professor..."

"I should apologize," Lupin cut you off. "For the other night. That was uncalled for, of me to throw being a squib back in your face. God, your father would kill me for being such a dud."

Lupin winced at his own word choice but you didn't mind. You looked into your cup, taking another sip.

"Professor, you told me not to go looking for my father because you're not sure if he's innocent, are you?"

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I want to believe him but..."

"There's no good proof to say otherwise."

Lupin nodded. "Just Sirius' word and the pinky of a dead man."

"Pinky of a dead man?"

"Peter Pe— we were all friends at Hogwarts. The four of us. Me, James, Sirius, and Peter. They called us the Marauders, James suggested adopting the name. Ha, we used to run the school absolutely wild— especially James and Sirius. They grew up, eventually, but Hogwarts was never boring while they attended."

Lupin began to reminisce while you finished your hot chocolate. You didn't interrupt for fear that he would become aware that he was telling you everything and would suddenly stop. The stories made you feel like you were getting to truly know who your dad was— the good and the bad.

You also realized that you were right about Professor Snape. Your dad and Harry's didn't make the man's life easy at Hogwarts— even if he deserved some of it from what Lupin said. The disdain for your fathers was passed on to you and Harry, especially Harry who looked so much like James. You decided to accept that fact and would still work hard in Potions but no longer attempt to get on Snape's good side.

Professor Lupin finished his drink, itching a little at the mild reaction he was having to the chocolate. He escorted you back to your common room in order for you to avoid getting in trouble. You tried your best to get in your bed without disturbing Padfoot who had decided to sleep right on the edge of your duvet. The heavy rain started the minute your head hit your pillow. You groaned because in a few hours everyone was supposed to be watching the first quidditch match of the season. It was still going to happen. Rain or shine, quidditch was going to happen. But now, you had to watch the game while being rained on.

The rain didn't stop as you made your way to the stands. You tried to spot Ron, Hermione, or even Neville across the field on the Gryffindor side but had no luck spotting them through the sea of red and gold. You did however spot Draco. Ravenclaw and Slytherin could sit wherever they wanted depending on who they were cheering for. Most of Slytherin was sitting on the Hufflepuff side. Your cousin had an empty seat next to him and you realized he had left it open for you— Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy were all sitting around him. With a smile, you forced yourself to skip over to Draco who seemed to almost regret saving you a space just because you looked so happy.

"Your good mood is annoying in this weather," he muttered before pulling out a container of pumpkin pasties from his coat.

At that moment, anyone looking at the two of you could tell you were related. You both wore the same tight frowns, shivering slightly at the bitter cold rain, with your heads tilted slightly up and to the side to watch the game. You two even ate the same— holding the pasty in your left hand and taking what could be mistaken as angry bites of the treat. Quidditch, even in pouring rain, was much more entertaining with a bunch of other students around.