The reception lasted until nine o' clock, as the two of us apparated for our new home. Sirius had said to us before we left, "Have fun honeymooning."

The cold wind rattled the window frames of the cottage which made me press against his warm blazer even tighter.

I felt Remus' hand slipping away from mine as the cottage was now visible to sight.

My feet were swept away from the groud as the house's door slowly creaked open.

"Rem!" I protested with a squeal, wrapping my hand around his neck. A small, smile tugged his lips, and his eyes were gently gliting in the moonlight. The same eyes he had mere moments ago in the now quiet-ish household of Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Is this really necessary?" I whispered to his ear, cocking a brow as I shifted into his arms in a more comfortable position.

He grinned brightly, the door opening itself so we could enter. "As I vowed to be your husband at the altar a few hours ago, this is one of the necessary things I should do. My wife in my arms as we cross the threshold."

I blushed profusely.

He made the lights flicker open non-verbally, revealing the clean outline of the hallway. I let my head rest underneath the crook of his chin as he carried me all the way upstairs.

He kicked the door of our bedroom with the heel of his shoe, my breath catching in my throat as he did so.

The master bedroom, had a line of small candles across the floor and on the nightstands at each side of the bed and petals of roses laying across the white sheets, casting a romantic and serene glow in the room.

I attempted to get off but instead his arms gripping around me, tighter than before, his fingernails digging into my thighs.

He slowly walked us towards the bed, locating the opening of the mosquito net, before gently placing me on the soft mattress and peppering me with long and tender kisses. Breaking our lips apart, he just looked at me for a few moments with a small love-filled smile.

"My god....how beautiful you are, my love." he said softly, caressing my cheek with his fingers.
I moved a bit closer and rubbed my nose against his, as he returned the favor without hesitation.

He gently pushed me down, and I was now laying on the bed as he hovered above me. I could hear his pulse beating loudly as though he knew mine was doing the same.

His lips didn't taste like tea like it usually did, but of the countless number of glasses of champagne we had drank back in Grimmauld Place, the taste of firewhiskey lingering in the tip of his tongue. My hand grabbed his collar, pulling him closer to me and thus deepening our kiss.

He knelt on his knees as I sat back, he found my white heels and began to remove them slowly and carefully as he did so. My breath hitched in my throat as his fingers began caressing and tickling my legs and kissed my shins.

Remus' hands found the silver comb that held my hair all together and removed it, my long and chocolate brown hair now a bit curly.

"May I?" he smiled, gesturing to the buttons behind my dress.

"You may." I mumbled, my eyes never leaving his. He undid the buttons quite slowly until the dress fell on the floor, making my cheeks turn pink once more.

He threw his blazer off and removed his tie rather frantically as I helped him tug his shirt off. I stared at his toned chest and stomach and the scars that slashed across his skin for a few moments before he settled us on the bed once more.

"God, I love you." he whispered, hovering above me again and his breath slightly shaky in excitement.

"I love you as well," I nibbled his ear softly. "Show me what you've got Moony. Love me."

And we did what most married couples did.

After about half an hour we finally stopped, our chests heaving up and down and sweating heavily. His head, which collapsed on my shoulder, lifted up so he left lazy, breathless kisses on my skin. He mumbled something into my neck, which I was unable to hear properly as my mind couldn't function properly, before removing himself on top of me and fell on the mattress next to me so we could rest for a minute or two.

"Come here, my baby." he said in a loving and quite seductive whisper, pulling me closer to him and kissing my forehead. I smiled, pulling the soft white blankets over us.

"That was the best." I sighed, giggling as he began playing with my hair.

"The best it is." he agreed.

I kissed his chest a few times and his jawline, receiving a small, grateful moan from him.

"We should probably go to the Ministry tomorrow, so I can formally change my name at last." I told him.

"You don't have to, darling." he chuckled.

"I know, but Selene Lupin has a much better ring to it don't you think?"

"I guess so." he looked at me dreamily.

He hovered above me again, a small smile tugging his lips once more and brushed a few strands of my hair away from my face as our lips met again.

"I love you, Mr. Lupin."

"I love you too, Mrs. Lupin."

We went for a round two, and eventually we fell asleep in each other's arms, soundly and very comfortable. I placed a tender kiss on Remus' sleeping face, and smiled before I drifted away as well.

The happiest night of my life.

I was Mrs. Lupin.

And I couldn't ask for more.

Author's Notes: YAY! They're officially married!! 😭 I've waited for this chapter since the very beginning, and I'm so happy it DID happen at last.

Sorry if I didn't write that much detailed smut. ikik I robbed you all, but I'll try in the next chapters *smirk*

Classes are postposed for two weeks here because of a few COVID cases in my school.

See ya'll on the next chapter!

- jxlvpin