His other hand snuck up to hold yours, the warm feeling spreading through your body like water.

You nodded at him, humming in confirmation as your eyes trailed back to the menu.

────────────────

The waiter brought you your meals: you had ordered teriyaki, tempura, and ramen with a side of dango; whereas Kyōjurō had ordered grilled fish, rice, katsudon, miso soup, ramen, gyoza, BBQ chicken tenders, yakitori, and onigiri.

Your jaw nearly dropped since you never suggest Kyōjurō to have such a mighty appetite.

Just where the heck does all that food go?

The two of you ate in silence for a few minutes as the room was filled with the occasional chatter of people decompressing after a long work day with family, friends, and colleagues.

Indeed, it felt really good being together like this; just two lovers out on a romantic date and enjoying a pleasant meal together.

"How is it?" Kyōjurō asked suddenly, snapping you from your thoughts.

"Great!" you smiled. "The best teriyaki I've had in my life!"

Kyōjurō's eyes lit up in delight as he grins, "I'm glad!"

You then gestured to his meal,
"And yours?"

"Umai!" He says proudly.

A snort escaped you and before you could stop it, giggles were spilling out of you as he smiled happily at you.

You hummed, a smile on your face. "That's good."

The two of you stared at each other for a moment before continuing to eat.

After awhile, Kyōjurō had ordered again, asking the waiter for a baked sweet potato and dessert.

You arched a brow at this, "what's a sweet potato, Kyō?" You asked.

Kyōjurō glances at you in question as the words left your mouth.

"Hmm, you've never heard of a sweet potato, my love?" He questions and you shook your head no.

"I tried white potatoes and Irish potatoes, but I never thought a potato could be sweet?"

Kyōjurō's eyes widen slightly before closing as he gave a full hearty laugh.

"Then you're missing out, my love! You must have a taste." He says.

When the waiter brought the meal, you couldn't help but glanced at the so-called sweet potato in both confusion and disgust.

It sort of looked like a yam/carrot hybrid.

"Here, try some?" Kyōjurō says, holding it towards your mouth.

"N-no, I'm already full." You lied.

"Please my love, just a nibble! Don't judge it until you try it." He smiles innocently.

'Damn him and his adorable looks,' you thought briefly, before giving in.

"Fine. But if I get sick, I'm blaming you." You say and took a bite.

Kyōjurō watched as you chewed.

It was different; it had a mildly sweet, starchy, and mellow taste. Since it was baked, it was definitely sweeter and moister than regular potatoes.

"Well.. What'd you think?" Kyōjurō asked.

Swallowing, your (e/c) eyes lit up in delight. Well, it most certainly wasn't all that bad─sort of delicious actually.

"Umai♡" You say and immediately slapped a hand over your mouth, before hurriedly glancing around to see if anyone heard you, before glancing back at Kyōjurō.

His eyes were widen, clearly surprised by what you said.

Eventually, you both started giggling which soon became full hearty and boisterous laugher.

"It seems I've made quite the impact on you, my sweet flame!" Kyōjurō chuckles.

Once you calmed down, you leaned onto him─resting your head against his shoulder affectionately.

"Apparently so." You say softly, simply enjoying the feeling of being close to him.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you, my handsome flame." You added, feeling him tense slightly.

Then, you felt him rest a hand on your thigh, "I love you too, (Name)!" He says and gently lifted your chin with his thumb and index-finger─making you look at him, before kissing you passionately.

Both your breathing became slightly laboured as you pulled away, gazing at one another lovingly.

This has smiply been the bestest date ever.

"I want you, (Name)." Kyōjurō whispered.

Oh.