More than a new years kiss

Hello everyone!! Happy new year! I know I'm like a week late but I really loved this idea and wanted to get it out no matter what.

Charlea: 23
The twins: 11

"Hello? Guys? We're here!"

As Charlea and her girlfriend stepped into Charlea's childhood home, they were both taken aback by the sudden feeling of two children locking their arms around their waists. "Hey, Char! Hey, Katie!"

"Hey boys," the two broke into fits of giggling. As they pulled away, Katie handed them a tote bag filled up with games, snacks, and goodies. "There are some noisemakers and party hats in there if you want anything, take whatever you want and pass the rest of them out,"

As the two boys cheered, Parker grabbed the party horns and blew them, making a loud honking noise echo throughout the living room.

As the twins ran off into the next room, noisemakers on full blast, Connor and Evan came from around the corner and hugged their daughter and her girlfriend tightly. "Ah, thank you so much for giving two eleven-year-old boys objects that will make noises all night, I do appreciate it, sweetheart,"

"No problem, I know how to help out, Mr. Murphy," Katie chuckled, fidgeting with her coat pocket, although immediately letting go the second Charlea noticed.

"Well, go put your coats down and we can take the rest of your things, girls."

"Thanks, Papa!"

As Evan took the second bag from his daughter's hand, Parker and Jacob came running back in, flopping down on the velvet sofa and sprawling out their arms so no one else had room to sit.

"What do you boys think? Can you make it until midnight?" Connor questioned, running his hand through Jacob's sandy blonde mop of hair.

"Duh, of course I can! I can stay up 'till the sun rises," A cocky grin spread upon Jacob's face, waves of fake confidence wafting off him.

"Wait," Charlea snorted, "didn't you pass out on the floor at like ten o'clock last year?"

"That was different! I was a kid then, I'm older now,"

"Yeah, honey, just keep telling yourself that,"

With everyone in their comfiest clothes, Evan suggested starting the night off with a game, to which everyone headed to the dining room table to choose something to play.

As a New Years' Eve television special played in the background, Connor poured his husband, Katie, and their daughter a drink, and snack bowls were passed around and placed in the middle for everyone to reach, they set up Uno Attack, something to surely get everyone riled up.

The night dragged on slowly, every hour the twins would lose more and more energy, and during each round of Uno fights would break out over who cheated and if they were actually following the rules correctly.

It wasn't long until the clock ticked to eleven fifty-eight, two minutes until the new year. With Jacob and Parker almost passed out on the couch and everyone ready for it to be midnight, the only thing that kept them awake was knowing what would be happening soon.

"This is it!" Charlea cheered, clapping as she kept an eye on the time, "two more minutes!"

With the five others joining in behind her, she was startled when Katie suddenly kissed her cheek and snuck off into the other room. As Charlea glanced up at her fathers for answers, all she was met with was a mischievous smirk from her family.

As she heard the chanting behind her, she was focused on why Katie wasn't back yet. One minute left and she was nowhere in sight.

"Come on, Lea! There are forty seconds left!" Parker tugged in his sister's arm. "Thirty-nine, thirty-eight..."

Then, suddenly, there reappeared Katie in the living room with something bulky sticking in her pocket. As the boys counted down, she grabbed her lover's hands and placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"Babe, what's going on? You're acting all weird!"

"Charlea, sweetie, love of my life, there may be only thirty seconds left in the year, but I'm gonna make the most of it," Katie reached inside her pocket and pulled out a velvet ring box before kneeling on one knee.

Charlea's face went wild. Her eyes lit up and widened beyond belief, and she gasped. "Oh my god, am I dreaming? What the hell is happening? Katie-"

"Nope, I've got twenty seconds so shush. Look, we've been together for almost ten years and these past ten years have been the best years of my life. I love you so much and I don't think I'd ever be able to survive life without you, so, with that being said," the box opened to reveal a stunning diamond ring with the inside specially engraved, "Charlea Murphy, will you make me the happiest woman alive and marry me?"

With one second left until the strike of twelve, there was only a single thing for Charlea to say.

"Yes! A million times yes! God, of course!"

Tears streamed down both of their faces as they sealed their midnight with a kiss. When the two broke apart, Charlea wrapped her arms around her fiancée and hugged Katie as tight as she could, afraid that if she let go she'd wake up and realize this was all a dream.

"How long have you been waiting to do that?" She laughed, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her lover's ear.

"Since January first, my dear, and every moment was worth the wait,"

Hi everyone!! I apologize that this is probably not the best and for the lack of updates these past few months, school has just been... stressful to say the least. But! Despite it all, I'm gonna try and get back to regular updates! I love you all so much and hope you enjoyed ❤️