You will still be mine

Hey everyone! So, if you didn't see my mb, I'm using today to catch up on any oneshots I missed this week, so this was supposed to be up yesterday, but I'm posting it a day late, oh well! Oh, and yes, the title is a song from the musical Waitress, I couldn't think of anything lol

Jacob and Parker: 15

"Dad, I'm scared, what if they say no? What if they don't like me?"

Connor was pulled into a parking spot outside of Jacob's dance studio, trying to help his son calm down before he had to go in. Today, the young boy was planning on asking out his crush of two years, Patton Foster, one of the kids in his dance class, and one of his best friends.

"Jake," Connor smiled sympathetically at him, reaching over and placing his hand on top of his, "it's going to be fine, trust me. Even if Patton does say no, which I doubt they will, it'll work itself out in the end, I promise. Now, why don't you go inside, class is going to start in about ten minutes and I want to make sure you have enough time before you guys have to start. I love you,"

"I love you too, dad." Jacob reached over and placed a kiss on his father's cheek before grabbing his bag and hopping out of the car and strutting inside, attempting to put his best foot forward.

The boy was terrified, his hands shaking uncontrollably, and heart racing a mile a minute. He wanted to badly to tell his friend how he really felt, but he was overwhelmed with the thought of rejection. Jacob didn't know if he'd be able to handle that.

As soon as he reached his teacher's room and walks through the entryway, there they were in all their glory, lacing up their tap shoes while keeping a conversation with one of the kids who took classes with them, Emmy, who just happened to be one of Patton's best friends as well. As Jacob set down his dance bag and walked over to the two, he could hear snippets of their conversation.

"-And we need to give Falsettos the musical more love. I mean, have people seen Charlotte and Cordelia? We need more love for the lesbians next door, they so adorable I can't even- Oh, hi, Jacob!" Emmy stopped herself, waving as she saw Jacob approach them. "Quick question, you like Falsettos the musical, does it need more love and appreciation?"

"Okay, is that even a question? Yes, it does, have you seen Andrew Rannells' hair? And I'm with you one the Cordelia thing, she's just the best. But, would you mind if I steal Patton real quick? I'll bring them back in a second,"

"Oh, sure, go ahead! We'll finish this later, Pat," Emmy smiled, watching as the two teens walked over into the other corner of the studio.

Jacob knew he couldn't avoid it any longer, it had to be done, right heere and now. He had to push those feelings of anxiety, doubt, and fear aside, and just let his true feeling shine through. "Hey, Patton, can we talk?"

"Of course, Jake! What's up?"

He took a deep breath and shifted his gaze to the floor, avoiding Patton's beautiful emerald eyes. "Pat, we've danced together for a while now, and you're one of my best friends and I don't want to ruin our friendship or anything, but... I like you. A lot. Please, I'm so sorry, please don't hate me, Pat,"

After hearing what their friend had revealed to them, Patton's face dropped, eyes wide open and jaw dropped. They couldn't even believe what they were hearing. "Oh, Jake, I... I like you too!"

"What?" He asked, completely taken aback by their response.

"Yeah, duh, wasn't that obvious?"

"No! Not at all!"

Patton laughed, a smile gracing their lips. They could feel Emmy's stare burning into the back of their head, but they didn't turn around to pay any attention to it, Patton just kept their gaze on the boy in front of them.

"Yeah," they grabbed Jacob's hand, "I've been pining over you for like three years, it was literally so obvious, everybody else in the studio knows! Oh my god, you are so unbelievably oblivious."

"Apparently I am," Jacob chuckled, tightly squeezing his crush's hand. He watched as Patton's eyes sparkled with each laugh, and as their blond curls fell over their forehead. "So... Pat, will you be my significant other?"

"Of course I will, silly goose! I'd be honored to!" They jumped up and down in their spot with happiness and wrapped their arms around their new boyfriend as tight as they could, overwhelmed with joy and excitement.

As the new couple giggled and squealed, they saw that there were only two minutes until the class was to start, so Patton and Jacob decided to finish lacing up their tap shoes, this way they were ready for when class began.

"I just want you to know," Patton started, looking up from their shoes, "I've read a lot of fanfiction, so I have very high and unrealistic expectations for our relationship,"

"Yeah," Jacob laughed, smiling gently at his partner, "so do I."

Hey! Sorry about the ending, it didn't know how to finish this off. Apologies for any typos, I half proofread. And yes, Emmy in this one shot is chaoticgeek ! I hope y'all like this and I love you all!!