Flags (idk, im giving up on titles)

"Hello? I'm home!" Evan called out into a seemingly quiet home. He dropped his suitcase down by the door and began stripping off his coat and shoes.

"Papa!" Charlea's footsteps came closer as she ran into the entryway, jumping into her father's arms and hugging him as tight as she could.

"Hi, baby girl, I missed you." He kissed her soft brown curls.

"I missed you too, papa,"

Evan set his daughter back down on the hardwood flooring and caressed her cheek with his hand, gently rubbing his thumb over her blush back and forth.

This was the first in-person interaction the two had in seven days. Evan was sent away on a week-long business trip, and not seeing his beautiful family for that long was almost heartbreaking, but he survived, and he was finally home.

"Did dad do a good job watching the three of you this week?"

"I mean, the three of us are all alive, so I'd say he did decently." She laughed.

"Speaking of, where is your father?"

"He's upstairs with Parker and Jakey, I was with them, but came down to grab something,"

Charlea ran in front of her father and raced up the set of stairs, Evan trailing not far behind, and into a playroom. Connor was kneeling on the floor, building towers out of blocks with a disinterested Jacob, while Parker was banging on some light-up set of bongos.

"Papa!" Jacob grinned, throwing his hand up in the air and making grabby hands at him.

"Hey, Jake, hey, bubba!" Evan sat cross-legged on the shaggy grey carpet. He held out his arms as both babies crawled slowly into them, smirking as Evan placed a big, exaggerated kiss on their cheeks.

"Hi, love," Connor placed a long peck on his cracked lips.

"Ugh," he sighed, "I missed you guys! I barely survived the fu-freaking week. And actually, I brought you guys some gifts,"

Charlea clapped at the word gifts and evilly grinned, scooting backward, leaving room between her and her two fathers. 

Evan reached behind him and tugged on the strap of his messenger bag, bringing it to his side. He pulled out three wrapped packages: one wrapped in rainbow wrapping paper, one wrapped in a pastel yellow paper with elephants drawn on it, and the last with fishes placed on a light green paper.

He placed Parker on his lap and helped him open the small package, revealing a toy music kit that included drums, a xylophone, a tambourine, some bells, and a set of small, egg-shaped maracas.

Next, Connor helped Jacob open the green package, which contained one of those keyboard play mats that made music when you stepped in certain notes. Evan grabbed the batteries from the box and put them in, turning it on and watching as he began to crawl over the keys.

"Now, for you, sweetheart," he turned towards his teenage daughter, "I got yours when I was walking around the town in my spare time. Since it's pride month, there were a bunch of stores carrying pride-themed things, so I stopped into a store to see what they were selling and while I got stuff for your father and me, I got a little something for you,"

Charlea took the package from his hands and started to tear off the wrappings, revealing something with the color blue in a plastic bag. She gasped, freeing it from its plastic container and unfolding the flag.

"Oh my god! Oh my god, thank you!" She screamed, tearing up and pulling Evan into an embrace.

"You're very welcome, baby. I thought you'd like it,"

She rose to her feet and held up the flag, unfolding it fully and leaning it against the wall. Smiling tearfully, she began to spew out thank you's once again.

"Oh my god, it's my first pride flag ever! I love it so much, holy crap. Thank you, I love you guys so much,"

Connor and Evan snuck behind and wrapped their arms around her waist, hugging the living daylights out of her and planting kissed all over her scalp.

"We love you more, baby girl, more than you'd ever know. Happy Pride,"

"Happy pride month, daddy, papa. You guys are the absolute best!"

She dried her eyes before any more tears could stream down her rosy cheeks. Her heart was pounding, a smile spread from ear to ear across her face. She had just revived her very first pride flag, and she would never feel this kind of joy again.

Hey humans! I hope this was cute and fluffy enough! I love you all so much ❤️❤️