Prom dress shopping

I just wanted to say that thanks to imacount2 , Charlea and Katie's ship name is Karlea

Evan pulled their car into the mall parking lot and led his lover and Charlea behind him into the store. Evan and Connor promised her that they would take her prom dress shopping for the upcoming dance, and she was bouncing with excitement. She had gone to homecoming two years ago with Katie just as best friends, but this year would be something special.

They strolled to the dress section and started searching through each rack.

"And before you start pulling dresses, just know that the price tag doesn't matter. If you really love the dress we'll get it, we can worry about the money later." Connor said, knowing that she would shut down an option just based on the number on the tag.

In the end, each of them pulled at least twenty dresses. They took all of the garment bags and laid them out inside one of the dressing rooms, narrowing it down until they were left with only seven.

Connor and Evan left the dresses in her room and walked out to the leather seats outside the dressing rooms.

Charlea took her first option and tried it on, looking in the mirror before showing the two boys. It was a lavender v-neck with a lace top and ruffles towards the bottom.

"What do you guys think?" She asked, twirling around so the skirt flew out.

"I think it's very nice, do you like it? Rate it out of ten."

"I like it ," she shrugged, "it's pretty, but I could use less lace. I'll say a seven or eight. Can I try on the others?"

"Of course." Evan smiled.

Charlea retreated inside the small room and stepped out of the first outfit and into the next.

The second was a baby blue ball gown with a beaded belt.

"This one is amazing, eight out of ten." She squealed when she showed her fathers.

"Wow, that's beautiful, isn't it, Con?" Connor nodded.

The third dress she tried on was a navy blue teacup dress, which she hated with a passion. She couldn't stand how short it was and after seeing how much she disliked it, she got rid of the other short dress without even trying it on.

Next, she put on the white beaded mermaid, which no one liked.

"I feel like I'm wearing a wedding dress who's point is to suffocate me, I could barely zip it!" Connor giggled as he helped her out of the outfit.

Next up, a mint green, very poofy ballgown with little white butterflies and flowers, and a giant bow that was placed on her butt.

"Who picked this green dress?" She called behind the door.

"I did, why? Is it the one?" Connor said, becoming excited.

"No," she walked out and watched as her parent's faces turned from smiles into laughs, "far from it. I'm sorry, dad, but this dress is hideous. There's a huge bow on my ass!"

"Yeah, that was a bad mistake on my part, I'll admit it."

Charlea sat down on the leather seat in between Connor and Evan, biting her lip as her cheeks redden. She glued her gaze to the floor as she tried to blink away the tears that rimmed her eyes. She felt an arm wrap around her bare shoulders.

"I'm never going to find a dress, am I? Katie will find the perfect dress and I won't have anything to wear. She'll look stunning and special, and I won't."

"Hey, baby girl, that's not true. You will find the most incredible dress in the world and you will wear that to your prom, I promise. Don't forget, you have one left."

She nodded and wiped her eyes, standing up and locking the door of the small changing room once again. Sighing, she zipped open the dress bag and slipped into the last dress.

It was a light yellow strapless ballgown with a rhinestone corset top. The moment Charlea stepped into it, she felt stunning. She just stared at her reflection in the mirror, admiring every inch of what she saw.

"Charlea, do you need help? You've been in there a while."

Both boys heard the click of a door being unlocked and were frozen by the site they were met with.

"Oh, baby, you look gorgeous." Evan gasped as she spun around in place.

"Do you like, honey?"

"Yeah, this is the one, I'm positive."

"You look beautiful."

She grabbed the ends of her dress and twirled around once more. She quickly glanced at the price tag but dropped it.

"No, I can't get this dress, it's too expensive."

"Why, how much is it?"

"It's three hundred dollars, way too much for some stupid prom dress. Just forget I even liked this one, I can wear the blue one, it's only a hundred and fifty, that way-"

"Sweetheart," Connor softly gripped her arm, "the price doesn't matter to either of us. If you love that dress, then it's yours, alright?"

"I really love this dress."

Evan smiled. "Then it's yours."

Evan and Connor held their daughter close as she squealed and ran into their open arms. She thanked them continuously while they kissed the top of her chestnut curls.

This was going to be the best prom ever, now that Charlea had the dress. Now, all she needed for the perfect prom was Katie, herself, and a song.

Hey humans!! I hope you liked this and the next one will be Charlea and Katie on their way to the prom!

Also, if anyone wanted to see her dress, this is it:

Love you all so much!! ❤️❤️