And I wont run away

Hey humans! I know I posted a message saying I might not post because I wasn't having a good day, but I started working on this to make the day better, and I feel a lot better than I did earlier, but this is still gonna be angsty, sorry *evil laugh* Also, this is another one that has Charlea as the main focus. I just wanted to make this and I will start doing more Parker and Jacob stuff again on Saturday

Trigger Warning: Running away, fighting, character goes missing for a bit.

Charlea: 12 years old
Parker and Jacob: Not born yet

There was no peace in the Murphy household that afternoon. Evan and Charlea claimed their battleground in the kitchen, which connected to the living room, and Connor was tucked away in the master bedroom.

The two had been caught in a violent screaming match for at least half an hour, and both refused to back down. Neither remembered what they were fighting about, but it didn't matter, neither wanted to lose this war.

"I don't understand why it's such a big deal!" She cried, blinking away the drops that rimmed her eyes.

"You never understand, that's the problem! Maybe if you weren't so fucking stubborn half of the time you'd understand a few things! God, you just don't ever listen!"

Evan didn't know why he said that, he didn't mean it. He regretted it the moment it left his lips. Charlea did listen, she wasn't stubborn, she was a good kid.

They started to shout over each other, not being able to hear what the other was saying. Shortly after, Charlea snapped.

"You know what? If I just ran away, we wouldn't even need to do this! Maybe I'll just run away from you!"

"Yeah, you go ahead and do that, see how long you last in the real world, go see how long you make it! Do it, I dare you!" He screamed, his knuckles turning white from how hard he clenched his fists.

Evan froze, realizing what he said. He turned around and laid his head in his arms on the cold, marble top counter. He couldn't have Charlea see him cry.

He stayed there, starring down at the kitchen counter, not knowing that behind him, Charlea was pulling on her shoes and sweatshirt, and stuffing her phone in her pocket.

The next thing Evan heard was the screen door slamming shut. It took him a few seconds to process what had happened, but when it hit him, he sprinted out the door after her.

"Charlea! Charlea, wait, come back here!" He shouted, running down the sidewalk as her silhouette grew smaller and smaller.

As he got to the intersection, he stopped, realizing she could no longer be seen. He wasn't far from the house, but it was no use to keep running, she was gone.

"Evan?" He heard his husband call.

He spun around, watching as Connor quickly dashed down to meet his lover. His face was filled with confusion.

"Ev, what happened? Where's Charlea?"

That was Evan's breaking point. He let out a sob as tears flowed freely down his face and as his breathing became erratic.

"C-Con, I-She's-"

"Baby, breathe, tell me what happened,"

"She ran away!"

"What?" Connor screamed in absolute fear and disbelief.

"T-The fight, she threatened to...to run away, and I-I told her to see what happens, and I looked away for a second a-and she was-" he was cut off by a whimper, "she was gone. She's gone because of me, I'm a horrible father!"

Evan's whole body shook with sobs. He believed it was all his fault, he believed he was the worse parent in the world, and he believed that Charlea would never come back home.

"Hey, you are not a horrible father. We know Charlea, she won't go that far, probably just to a friend's house or someone's house to cool off. Why don't we look around heere for a little bit and if we don't see her, we'll call the police?" Evan nodded.

So, they started their search for their runaway daughter. They searched around the block and down the street, even going seven streets over. They looked for almost an hour, but there was no sign of her.

The two decided to head home and call all of their family and all of her friends to see if she had run to any of their houses. They started with Jared, knowing that was who she was closest to, followed by Michael and Jeremy, and everyone else. They even tried calling her phone, but they knew it would fail, which it did. When no one had heard or seen her, they chose to start looking around again.

Another two hours passed, making it four hours since she had run off, and there was still no word about her. They had given up on the searching in the streets, and Evan decided it was time to call the police. So, while Evan dialed 911, Connor rummaged through her room to see if anything could help them figure out where she was.

A younger woman picked up on the second ring and had asked Evan what his emergency was.

"Umm, my daughter and I had gotten into a fight earlier today and she's been missing ever since, she ran out."

"Can you describe her looks in detail and give us her personal information so we can make her a file?"

"Sure, of course. Her name is Charlea Murphy, she's twelve, about 5'2, she has-"

Suddenly, a slam came from behind Evan. He turned around sharply and gasped at the sight in front of him. There stood Charlea, eyes puffy and red, and sobbing.

"Oh, never mind, miss, we found her." He hung up the phone and stood there in silence, trying to make sure this was real.

He opened his arms, and Charlea immediately came rushing into them, getting his shirt stained with snot and tears.

"Papa, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she cried.

"Hey, Shh, it's okay, you're okay."

Charlea and Evan stayed there, just holding each other close, and didn't move when Connor came trotting down the stairs.

"Alright, nothing in her room, what did the police say? Are they-"

He, too, froze in his tracks, trying to see if his eyes were showing the truth. Seconds later, he was joined in on the hug pile.

"I'm so sorry, guys, I'm so sorry. I'm a horrible daughter," she wailed, "I thought you hated me because of the fight. I'm sorry."

"Baby girl, we could never hate you, no matter how much we fight. You are the most important thing to us, we can't lose you. You're home now, you're safe, and that's all that matters. You're safe."

And they were right, she was safe. As long as she remained secure in her father's embrace, she would be home, and she would be safe.

Hey humans! Hoped you liked the angst/hurt comfort, I've had this idea for a while now and I thought I could finally do it. The next one will be another oneshot with more of the twins, I promise. As for now, I love you all!!