Shopping trip

Hey everyone! Take some simple, tooth rotting fluff!

The boys: 3 years old

Anyone close to the Murphy family knew that they had three kids: a fifteen-year-old daughter and twin three-year-old boys, and if you had met the twins, you knew that they could be absolute monsters at times. Although they had grown out of the terrible two times, they were still massive trouble makers.

With Charlea off at school that day, Connor and Evan were forced to take Parker and Jacob grocery shopping with them, which was something they'd found out to be a struggle.

As they pulled into the store's parking lot, they prepared themselves for what was to come. First looking at the car seats in the back row, then at his husband, he sighed.

"Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, Angel. Let's do this,"

They quickly opened their doors and started unbuckling their boys from their seats, placing them in the front of the shopping cart Connor had pulled out from a cart corral. The two husbands inhaled deeply before walking into the store.

You see, shopping with Parker and Jacob was always an adventure. They'd always beg for cookies or candy as soon as they saw the displays, they'd ask for things they didn't need or couldn't get, and the four of them would somehow spend at least an hour in the store. But this time would be different. This time, they were determined to get in and out as quickly as they could with no problems.

"Alright, what's on the list this week, baby?" Evan asked his lover, making sure the boys' seatbelts were on tight.

"We need... Dino nuggets for the boys, French fires, Charlea wants vanilla ice cream, cereal, a box of pasta, chicken, and rice. Why don't we hit up the frozen aisle first and then everything around that,"

So they did, they grabbed the chicken nuggets, the ice cream, and the French fries without a single problem. Crossing those off the list, Evan asked what the next item they needed to grab was.

The color drained from Connor's face. "Cereal, we need to get cereal. Fuck,"

"Oh shit, what are we going to do?" He questioned, freezing up and staring down at the toddlers who were kicking their feet and giggling.

The problem with the cereal aisle was that it was right next to the candy aisle, and neither of them can even look at the candy aisle without begging for sugary treats.

"Is there a way around it?" Connor asked, too afraid of what might happen if they pass it.

"We've tried, remember? Nothing worked. We're going to have to walk right past it."

Dreading the decision they were about to make, Connor pushed the cart very slowly as they made their way towards the sweets, whispering for his lover to try and distract their sons.

"Hey, boys, look! Look over there!" Evan cheered, hoping they wouldn't see what they were trying to hide.

Connor sped up as quick as he could while Parker and Jacob were distracted momentarily, but it didn't make a difference. After only a moment, Jacob turned his head back and gasped, taking in the sights of the sugar wonderland. As they heard their son gasp, both husbands slightly died inside.

"Papa, Papa, I want candy!" Jacob shouted, pounding his fists on the handlebar of the cart. Soon enough, Parker joined in, and both boys were chanting the word candy.

"And here we go," Connor mumbled underneath his breath.

"Boys, come on, we aren't getting candy, daddy and I didn't bring enough money to get any." Evan tried to shush the wailing toddlers.

Jacob stopped yelling and faced Evan with a look of sheer heartbreak, suddenly bursting into tears. The cries of the twins attract the attention of a mother and what looked to be her six-year-old daughter, who smiled sympathetically at them.

"You poor boys," the mother said, "I feel your pain, I've been there and done that. My daughter used to do the same thing when she was their age." She took her daughter by the hand and walked up to the two.

"A little tip, tell them they can have treats at home, that'll make them quiet real fast," she whispered into Evan's ear before walking off.

Reviving this advice made him feel as if he had received help from angels. He decided to listen to this mystery lady in hopes that it would quiet their cries.

"Hey, Parker, Jake, if you stop crying we can have some cookies when we get home," and almost immediately the two toddlers stopped crying.

Considering this as a win, they finally made their way to the cereal aisle and finished their grocery shopping. After about another half an hour of getting everything on their list, they headed to the register to check out, where something that Connor and Evan were not aware of at the time happened.

On their way out of the store, the alarms above the door began to ring. Connor grabbed his lover's hand as he saw him began to shake slightly while a security guard approached them.

"Good afternoon, everyone, can I just see your receipt please?" The man asked.

Evan held out his shaky hand and the guy smiled as he took it from him, glancing from the slip of paper to the cart every few seconds.

"Well, I don't see anything in the cart that wasn't purchased for, I don't know what-" he stopped mid-sentence, spotting something suspicious.

The guard laughed as he narrowed his eyes at Jacob, who copied his laughter. Stepping closer to the small boy, he inspected his pocket.

"Hey there, buddy, would you mind if I could see your pockets?"

Jacob looked over to Evan, who told him it was alright and let the man reach into his pockets. In return, the security guard pulled out four candy bars that were taken from the checkout lane.

"I think I may have found out what triggered the alarms," he said, showing the couple the sugary treats.

"Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me," Connor placed his face in his hands, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"We are so sorry, Sir, we must have not noticed."

"It's alright," he smiled, "this isn't the first time something like this has happened, believe me. But, I do suggest keeping an eye on this little buddy, though,"

After taking the candies out of Jacob's possession, the four walked back out to the car, breaking out in laughter the moment they stepped outside.

Little did the husbands know, that although the candy was confiscated from Jacob, a miniature Twix bar remained in Parker's left pocket.

Hey humans!! I really hope you liked this, I thought it was cute, and I love you all so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️