Ch. 6 Teaming up with the evil frog

This time Akari jumped into the bushes with Akio, knowing that Sara would follow him.

"Evil frog, we need a plan!" she whispered.

Akio scowled. "Just attack him together."

"... for the rookie of the year you're pretty dumb."

"Oh yeah? You are the one who crashed face first into a tree!"

"You evil evil evil fro-"

THUNK.

"Don't call him that," Sara hissed. "Asuma-sensei is waiting. We need to attack before he comes to attack."

Akari gulped at the thought of a jonin going on offensive.

"If we get your mind transfer jutsu to succeed, we can get a win," Akari pointed out.

"As if he'll stand still for her to do that," Akio snorted.

"Traps?"

"He's a jonin," Akio hissed. "We just need to show him teamwork. We don't need to succeed."

"But what if we do succeed? Worth a shot! Come on, you're the rookie of the year. If you can't then no one can."

Akari knew she was buttering his pride right there, but whatever gets him ticking. This was why she loved people with even a small amount of ego. They were pretty easy to convince if you use the right words.

"Okay, Sara can stay behind and wait for her moment. The two of us need to restrict his moments so that she can do her thing. How do we do that?" 

See? He was easy to convince.

Akari frowned. She couldn't use seals that well. They weren't part of the academy curriculum, she had managed to convince Iruka sensei to teach her one once he taught the class about sealing jutsu, and illustrated one (Akari just assumed he was showing off his skills but she found it cool nevertheless).

"Sealing?" she suggested.

Akio would never let it go if she failed at this. And she really wasn't confident with her sealing abilities.

"You can do that?" he asked surprised.

"...The maximum I'll be able to do is immobilize one of his legs," she muttered, showing them a small sealing scroll. She had been able to make only one of them.

"Asuma won't wait long enough for you to apply the seal," Sara deadpanned.

"I can distract him, but you need to seal both of his legs," Akio said narrowing his eyes.

"Oh great, then give me a scroll, ink, and time to create another one," Akari deadpanned. Akio groaned.

"You'll never manage to seal one of his legs. He can take on all of us at once."

Akari frowned for a second, before perking up. "Akio, could you engage him in short range? I'll perform long range attacks and... ah... can you get a wooden log near weedie-sensei's leg?"

"...She's nuts," Sara declared.

Asuma released a puff of smoke from his cigarette. He would have to teach these kids the meaning of quick planning.

"Finally," he muttered, dodging the barrage of kunais attacking him.

"Fire style: Fire Ball jutsu!" he heard in the distance, dodging a small fireball. Some Uchiha.

"Water style: multiple shuriken technique," that was definitely Akio. Asuma frowned while dodging. Where did these kids find water? You needed to be at least chunin level to perform an elemental technique without the element being present.