Ch. 89 I've Been Blind

When Sasuke had been told by his estranged clan-murdering elder brother that he would be sending 'help' for him, and in exchange Sasuke needed to take them in and teach them more about the Dragon Snake Sage Mode that he had been learning... he wasn't expecting to find a bickering wolf and a notoriously familiar kid at the entrance of the Ryuchi cave.

"Itachi sent you?"

He was guessing that neither Itachi nor Kakashi had warned this brat about anything, because she seemed way more shocked about this meeting than him. 

"S...Sasuke... Uchiha...."

Sasuke sighed when the brat didn't respond to his question, and grabbed her by the scruff of her neck. "Did Itachi send you?"

The brat instinctively reacted, her hands forming into a jutsu sign, before she flinched in pain and grabbed the back of her neck. Sasuke dropped her on the floor either way. The tiny Uchiha groaned on the floor in pain, rubbing the back of her neck. Sasuke noticed the mark of a seal there. Ah, that's what was hurting her. 

So Itachi did send her. 

Her wolf companion was glaring at him, growling threateningly. 

Likewise, his snake was hissing as it towered over the two newcomers. 

"Let's talk inside," Sasuke spoke, casually turning back and walking towards the cave, expecting the others to follow him. This was going to be tiresome.

But Sasuke was glad he had at least some things sorted out. Itachi still hadn't openly admitted that he had been ordered to kill the clan, but he hadn't denied what Akari had said either. It was beyond him what his brother was thinking anymore, it had been ever since Shisui's death, but he didn't want to be used as a pawn anymore in the grand scheme of things.

Whether it be by the Leaf Village, by that 'Tobi' person, or by Itachi himself.

He was glad that a few interruptions deterred him enough to look more in depth into the Uchiha Massacre. It made him realize how much Itachi was still in control of his life. It was his wish that Sasuke swear vengeance upon him, his wish that Sasuke become more powerful, and his wish that Sasuke kill him in the end. 

It was then that Sasuke realized that he should probably think deeply about what he wants to do next. And he decided that learning the sage jutsu would be beneficial, and by that time he could think of what to do next. Plus spending time in the Ryuchi cave allowed him to think things over. The snake sage was also wise and unbiased in offering him advise.

One thing that Itachi agreed with him on was the need to erase Danzo. Now that the war had broken out and all of the shinobi world was being threatened, they couldn't have the old bastard interfering anymore. 

Since Danzo was trying to kill Akari off, Kakashi also agreed to this, and the man is the current Hokage of the Leaf Village, and the current leader of the allied shinobi forces. 

He didn't really need 'help' to slaughter Danzo, just saying, however Itachi wanted to keep an eye on Akari, and Kakashi needed a way to get that brat away from the frontlines of the war. So it was all working out for those two. 

The one reason Sasuke agreed to this was to get more intel on the Jashin encounter that this girl has had. Ever since he left the Leaf Village, Sasuke had been encountering loads of weird things, but summoning a God and then threatening him wasn't something he had seen occur before. 

Plus Itachi said that he had her under his control, and the seal made that evident, so he hoped this wouldn't prove to be much of a headache. After he sorted this out, he would head to meet Naruto and Sakura.