Ch. 53 Glowing Fishys!

Kakashi glanced back to the tiny girl standing behind him, looking up at him hopefully.

"What?" he drawled.

Akari pouted, pointing towards the brand new hair-clip she was holding her short hair back with on her head.

Kakashi tilted his head with a blank expression on his face.

By now Akari had learnt that Kakashi had two different kinds of head-tilts.

One, where he would be genuinely concerned and interrogating her about whatever reason she was hurting.

The first time she saw that head-tilt was when he showed up at her house in the middle of the night to apologize for slapping her. She remembered being captivated by how nice he seemed when he wanted to be. After all Kakashi hadn't had many of his 'nice' moments up until then.

The second one, on the other hand, she had been way too familiar with since first the day she met him at the academy.

The seemingly innocent way in which he would tilt his head with a blank expression on his face was always, always, followed by a harsh mocking drawl.

"Just when I thought you couldn't look any more weird."

Akari scowled behind him.

"The Pink Goddess gifted it to me for the Rinne festival!" she said. "I'll tell her you insulted her gift and then she will pound you to the ground," she grumbled under her breath.

"Yeah yeah," Kakashi drawled disinterestedly. "It is a ten hour run from Konoha to Amegakure. We will stop to rest every three hours."

"Three hours!?" Akari exclaimed, hopping on the tree behind him. "What the hell, scarecrow sensei!? We usually get to stop every hour! That's what they taught at the academy!"

"And yet I'm the master, and you're the student," Kakashi eye-smiled at her.

Akari scowled again. "Hai," she grumbled.

"I want you to activate your Sharingan."

"Heh?" Akari blinked.

"Since when do you question my orders, chibi?"

"I-I don't!" Akari protested, immediately activating her one-tomoe Sharingan.

"I want to see how long you can keep it activated without running out of chakra. Let's start with an hour. Don't deactivate them until I say so."

"But... half an hour is my limit...," she tried to weakly protest, but instead ended up mumbling to herself, knowing that when it came to training, Kakashi would never listen to any of her protests.

"Is there a problem?"

"No sensei!" she squeaked, before sighing and looking at the now red-tainted world around her.

She glanced back when they changed the route, before looking around unsurely.

"Ano... are we on the right route?"

Kakashi only hummed in response before halting on the trees, making Akari abruptly come to a stop too.

However, before she could question what was going on, she felt her feet trip on a thin wire. Immediately, her head whirled to the side as she heard the swoosh of kunais flying her way.

Her Sharingan helped her dodge the abnormally large number of kunais headed her way.

After she was sure there were no more, she turned towards Kakashi, glaring at him with her red eyes.

Kakashi only smirked behind his mask.

"You set these up!" she accused.

"I told you I'd train you along the way," he shrugged casually. He stood up from where he was leaning against the tree, his expression turning serious. "This training course route spreads for the next twenty kilometers right ahead of you. I need you to learn to have an average approximation of the distance you have travelled, however, since you haven't learnt that yet, you will find a red flag every two kilometers you cover to help you learn."