Ch. 90 The Trials of Ryuchi Cave

The Ryuchi Cave, it's a place of this world but at the same time, not of this world. 

At least that's what Sasuke had told Akari before sending her into these pits of eternal fog, asking her to finish the trials.

He said he had been observing her long enough, and wanted to test her abilities. How the middle of a war was the best time for doing so, only Sasuke and Itachi would know.

"Say it," the wolf beside her grumbled as she kneeled down on the ground to examine a pair of familiar footprints. 

"You say it!" the almost-12-year old argued, her face somewhat pale. 

"You say it."

"Why should I say it? Its not my fault!"

"You are the alpha."

"I never even took on that role by choice!"

"Fine, you are the summoner."

"You have literally been in this world longer than me!"

"Believe it or not, annoying human, I am on the younger side of most summons. Have you seen the leader of the Toads?"

"Why are we discussing this right now while we are stuck in the middle of nowhere inside a creepy ass cave with fog all around and a scary rogue standing right outside!?"

"Just say it!"

Akari groaned as she glanced at the footprints again. "Fine! ....... We have been walking around in circles."

Both, the snow-white wolf and the tiny summoner collectively groaned in despair after one of them finally admitted to the truth.

"Shouldn't we turn back?" Eisaku grumbled.

"We will still be going in backward circles, genius."

"Don't bullshit me, brat! Summons' lands work differently! You haven't explored the Land of Wolves enough or you'd know!"

"Well, I didn't get time to do it, because someone tried to kill me-" Akari paused and took a deep breath. "I'm showing really shitty chunin skills right now and Scarecrow sensei would've ended me if he would see this, so I need to focus."

Eisaku snorted. "Great realization. So what do we do now, chunin-san?"

Akari scowled. "The only hint I got at the start was 'Only those who seek it will be able to find it.'"

"Seek what and find what?"

Akari shrugged.

"Shouldn't you have clarified!?" Eisaku groaned. 

"You try walking up to Sasuke Uchiha and speaking more than one sentence! Also-" Akari suddenly froze when fog appeared out of nowhere. 

"Eisaku-nii, stay close-" she froze as she didn't feel his presence anymore. Her head whipped around, but all she could see was fog. 

"Eisaku-nii!? Are you there??"

Akari grabbed her kunai from behind her, sensing danger. However suddenly, the fog started to clear up. She could see the silhouette of a wolf in a distance, so she rant towards it, before stumbling. Her feet were sinking into the ground. 

"What the-!"

The wolf started walking towards her, before another wolf came out from behind him, and another.... 

There were a total of thirty three wolves. Like back at the Land of Wolves... 

"Oh, it's our alpha!" a small voice spoke, probably a cub's.