Ch. 73 A Slightly Pissed Itachi

"I-Itachi..." Akari's voice was barely a trembling whisper as she felt herself harshly hauled by the collar. 

"Itachi," Sasuke's relatively cool voice chimed in. Itachi ignored him, to glare at the half-blood in front of him. He knew he shouldn't have let her live. He had been planning to deal with her somehow before she met Sasuke.

He had been planning someone would have killed her by then, if not him. What had Danzo been doing all this time!?

It had to be Kakashi pulling strings here and there.

He had been alert the moment Kakashi seeked him out for the first time. Akari, there really wasn't much she could do. She couldn't influence the council or the village enough to spread the word and then have them believe it. She was an outcast in most parts of the village.

Kakashi, however, was a different story.

The mere threat that he knew about the massacre, and the understanding that both would stay out of each other's way because of the burdens they were carrying had caused Itachi to lay low for a while. 

However, that didn't mean he hadn't been alert. The moment he heard about Sasuke killing Orochimaru, though he doubted the snake sannin was really gone that easily, he sent his summons to watch. And the second he realized Sasuke was seeking out not him, but Akari, he rushed over.

The girl had gotten better at making seals that hid presence as well as sound. By the time he got past them, he could already see doubt clouding Sasuke's eyes.

Itachi being enraged at Akari, or having had any contact with her at all, further proved her point. 

Itachi tightened his hold on her collar making the tiny Uchiha wheeze.

"I-I had to!" she gasped.

"Oh?" Itachi cocked his head  to the side, dangerously calm, seeing the young girl still trembling from his killing intent.

"He threatened me to tell him!" Akari wheezed, pointing an accusing finger at Sasuke. She suddenly felt herself thrown on the ground before feeling a kick on her stomach, hard enough to make her spit out blood, as she was slammed against a tree.

Within the blink of an eye Itachi was in front of her. "I can't believe my little brother can be more threatening than me," he said calmly, activating his Sharingan, before they bled into a Mangekyo.

"N-No- please- I-I-Itachi-" Akari's voice trembled looking at those eyes. She knew what they could do. She had seen them in action and been lucky enough before.

"Ameterasu."

Akari's eyes widened as black flames engulfed her body. She screamed in pain, desperately trying to get away but to no avail.

"Genjutsu," Sasuke muttered, watching the youngest Uchiha there screaming her lungs out, paralyzed. Itachi grabbed her own silencing seal from the ground that she had used to prevent him from listening in.

He calmly tossed it at the screaming chunin, and her screaming was immediately blocked off.

"Is it true?"

He turned back to look at Sasuke.

"You believe the half blood?" he questioned calmly.

"Said half blood made sense."

Itachi activated his Sharingan and saw Sasuke do the same.

"You still don't possess the same eyes I do," he said. "If you want revenge-"

"If." Sasuke gritted his teeth. He did want revenge. He wanted to kill Itachi like Itachi killed his family and betrayed him.