Ch. 77 What's Wrong With Iruka Sensei - 1

"A LEGEND! MY GRANDFATHER WAS A FRICKING LEGEND!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

Kurenai and Shikamaru blinked while chewing on their dango as a familiar dark-haired eleven-year-old chunin ran past them, screaming happily. 

"What is she going on about now?" Kurenai wondered out loud, as she popped another dango in her mouth. 

"Who knows," Shikamaru groaned. "It's Akari. I've stopped questioning."

"Grandfather..." Kurenai muttered to herself. "Does she mean...Kakashi's..."

"Yep," another voice joined their conversation as a silver-haired jonin plopped himself down on an empty chair beside Shikamaru.

"Hatake Kakashi voluntarily joining a conversation? What has dying once done to you?" Anko called out amused as she walked towards them with another plate of dango.

"Anko!" Kurenai hissed. "Don't joke around about it!" she snapped, before her eyes glistened up. "If things had gone differently he might've... not been here," she whispered.

The other two jonin exchanged a look before sighing as Anko mouthed hormones to the copy ninja.

Kakashi shook his head before looking at Kurenai. "I'm here, Kurenai, don't worry, Anko didn't mean it that way. Who listens to Anko anyways, ne?"

"Excuse me!? I-" Anko was cut off by the sharp look the Hatake shot her way. "I-I meant- yeah, exactly, Kurenai. I was just kidding around. Come on, cheer up! Let's go have a drink!"

"Shikamaru can't drink yet," Kurenai mumbled, still sulking.

"Shikamaru's not invited. Oi, brat, go help in reconstruction of the village or something!" Anko turned to look at Shikamaru.

The Nara sweat-dropped. "Kurenai-sensei... you're pregnant... please don't-"

Kurenai groaned softly before placing her head on the table. She looked up after a few seconds at the special jonin and the elite jonin exchanging looks.

"Why are the two of you here anyways?" she sighed. "You guys must be really busy right now, aren't you? You didn't have to come all the way here."

"I was just passing by," both of them said together before looking at each other.

"We had the same mission," Kakashi added to make it more believable. 

Shikamaru chuckled slightly, exasperated at the jonin around him. "So you are going to keep pretending you didn't come to check on her, okay," he sighed, getting up and stretching. "I'll go get some work done," he said walking off.

"Take care of your ankle, Shikamaru!" Kurenai called, receiving a wave of acknowledgement from the Nara.

Then they saw the tiny Uchiha menace, along with her all-time-trouble-making-partner, Haru Mizuhi, almost run into Shikamaru, before hurriedly rushing off, both carrying wooden logs to help for reconstruction.

"So... did you get all the reports from Akari's mission? From what I heard it was... wild... specially for her first mission as a chunin," Anko said, taking a seat on Shikamaru's table.

"Shikamaru is helping her with the report, since it's related to Hidan," Kakashi ran a hand through his hair. "The brat attracts trouble, I swear," he groaned softly. "It's like the more I help her improve her skills, the worse trouble she attracts."

Anko laughed while Kurenai smiled at him sympathetically. "Well, at least she is happy right now," she said placatingly. "Both of your apprentices seem close."