Ch. 18 Hospital Orrrr No?

Akari panted heavily lying on the ground, her hands were trembling trying to support her weight, and her already exhausted body due to the mission going overboard felt close to collapsing.

She gasped weakly, rolling over to avoid the water bullets coming towards her. Her body ached with every moment, and all she wanted to do was lie there and pretend to be dead. But she had a feeling she'd actually die if she didn't move in time to dodge all those attacks from Kakashi.

Not many people had seen Kakashi mad more than once, either because he wasn't short tempered and had loads of patience, or because they didn't live long enough after they've seen it once.

Akari was just... exceptional in that regard considering the number of times she had managed to annoy or piss off the copy ninja.

And it was not a good feeling. She felt close to tears just by thinking about moving through all that pain.

She closed her eyes at the next kunai that flew her way, only shifting slightly so it wouldn't hit anywhere on her face.

A pained yell sounded across the forest, making several flocks of birds jump out of their trees to fly away.

Akari was on the ground, sobbing and clutching the cut on her right shoulder tightly. She had never felt the need to get away from pain so desperately.

Her tired eyes trailed the legs that appeared in front of her, to look at Kakashi who had a deceivingly innocent look on his face as he started speaking.

"What's the matter, Akari?" he tilted his head slightly. "I thought you believed you were qualified enough for missions that involved leaving the village and facing attacks like these ones," he drawled.

"I told you I'm sorry!" Akari sobbed. 

"You think that sorry could've fixed it if one of your teammates had died on the mission you self assigned your group?" he questioned crouching down at her level and looking into her eyes.

"But- I'd protect them!" she protested.

"Oh?" Kakashi cocked his head to the side. "Then tell me this," he started, tilting her head upwards so he could look into her eyes, "Why is Akio in the hospital? That's what you call protecting them?"

Akari suddenly glanced down. She had almost forgotten about him. Which made her feel worse.

"It's just a small injury," she mumbled.

"Small injury?" Kakashi gritted out, and before Akari knew, his fingers were pressing into her recent shoulder wound, making her cry out in pain.

"What are you doing!?" she screamed sobbing, trying to pry his hand off with weak fingers, not even realizing that Kakashi already had stopped pressing her wound after the first two seconds.

"That should've been half of the pain Akio is experiencing with a kunai stabbed into his thigh," Kakashi answered curtly.

Akari sniffled, her tiny frame trembling slightly at the thought.

"Out of all the genin, I had to get the crybaby," Kakashi muttered under his breath, before turning his back towards her.

"Shinobi don't cry. And don't ever think about leaving the village without informing me ever again, Uchiha. We're done for now, go to the hospital. Training is tomorrow morning, same time. Unless you want to quit, of course."

--------

Akari did not go to the hospital.

She was pissed at Kakashi for... well.... everything, even though she accepted to herself that the mission was kind of her fault.