Ch. 93 Sharingan Trauma

"Akari-san?"

The maybe-twelve-year-old half-Uchiha glanced tiredly at her almost-acquaintance snake while bandaging a few freshly-received wounds. 

Yes, Akari did not know the date due to the absence of any form of calendar in the cave, but her birthday had been nearby when she was sent here so she was simply guessing.

"What?"

"I'm starting to think you are just plain stupid."

Akari's eyebrow twitched. "Is it my fault that your master is in a trash mood and decides to take it out on the sage training he's giving me? No. No, it is not."

"Irritating him further might just be," her self-proclaimed wolf-brother spoke exasperatedly. "Why would you bring up things that he is sensitive about!?"

"Exactly," the three snakes-transformed-into-female-humans chimed in.

"Plus he is more irritated about the fact that you can't seem to get your emotions under control when in a genjutsu," one of them spoke.

"What should I do about the fact that he is a sensitive princess?" she grumbled under her breath making four snakes hiss at her and one wolf bury his face into his pause on the floor exasperatedly. 

"He might hear you!" Aoda, the snake, hissed irritated. "Do you want to die?"

Akari loved how when she entered the cave, these three snakes were the ones who were readily attempting to kill her. And now each of them is so concerned that she'd get murdered by one of their master's temper tantrums. 

"I feel like I have had exposure therapy to death at this point."

Eisaku groaned. "That doesn't mean you'll just ignore all your self-preservation instincts! I-"

"You are one to talk after your own pack tried to murder me, I don't want to hear this from someone like you," Akari spoke, and within a second after speaking it, she realized how cold her voice had sounded just now.... which was so unlike herself...

Her eyes widened when she saw Eisaku's eyes widen before he glanced down... it instantly reminded her of how she hadn't had a proper conversation with him ever since that day either... because of the entire pack-alpha shit that had come between them now. 

"Ah... right. Sorry," the wolf spoke quietly. "I.... forget my place sometimes," he smiled sheepishly before getting up and walking outside the door of the cave. 

Akari's eyes widened. "W-Wait-!"

He was already gone. 

Eisaku sighed as he stepped outside the cave, feeling exhausted, and thinking where to go for a hunt to freshen his mind. It was a good thing the cave was in the middle of the forest. He had countless opportunities to do so. 

He had only started thinking about where to run off to, and it had only been like three seconds since the incident. He took one step forward and instantly jumped back when he saw the tiny shinobi appear in front of him out of thin air.

"W-Wha-!?" he looked at Akari with wide eyes. When did this little shit get so good with seals!?

"I said wait, dammit!"

Eisaku blinked when he looked at her properly. Her fists were clenched, the bandages she was wrapping around her left wrist dragging on the forest floor with light stains of red. He could see some of her veins bulging out, her eyes were slightly teary and she was gritting her teeth. 

And her eyes.... were red... Eisaku instinctively gulped. The Sharingan.... the one thing that he would never want to see again in his entire life.  

".... I was just.... going for a hunt...," Eisaku explained when she started walking towards him.