Ch. 2 Kakashi-sensei

In all of her excitement, Akari had almost completely forgotten about the worry that she had sensed in her sensei right before he informed her about her passing. Or right after he saw whom she was being apprenticed with.

Iruka-sensei's expression had looked funny enough for the girl to giggle as he had stood, gaping at the file as if hoping for it to be a mistake, or for the names to change. He then cursed under his breath, before calming down and sighing, and then informing her who her master was.

Kakashi Hatake.

Akari had this feeling that she had heard the name somewhere, she just couldn't remember it. Maybe seeing him would jolt her memory.

However, that'd be the case when she gets to see him. Right now, the mysterious jonin showed no signs of appearance, even after one hour of waiting. All of her fellow graduated classmates, which happened to be only four excluding her, had already gone off with their jonin senseis.

As she had heard from what Iruka sensei called 'gossip', there indeed where no genin teams this year. Everyone had been apprenticed under five different jonin sensei, hers was yet to show up.

One of the senseis had explained that the village was busy with several things at the moment, there weren't any jonin senseis available who'd be free. And considering their generation of graduates did exceptionally terrible, and screwed up all the great expectations that the village elders would have from the new generation, the Hokage just demanded the sparse graduates to be  apprenticed with one jonin each. So if either one of their masters is away on a mission or busy training their previous teams, they could train with another.

That was all the explanation that was offered, but Akari was quick to catch on. They were being offered the short end of the stick... Because of the time they were graduating in, and their exceptionally low amount of talented individuals, they were not a priority. Plus non of their generation had any 'important graduates'. None of them belonged to the main branch of an important clan, if they belonged to an important clan.

Akari was only considered half-Uchiha. The only reason she is even considered half-Uchiha is because she could receive the one-tomoe sharingan. However, according to the medics, given her bloodline, it was impossible for her Sharingan to progress from there. Akari frowned slightly at the thought.

She shook her head, trying to think about the good in the situation.

So, what the sensei said basically meant she had free rights to train with any of the five sensei. She grinned to herself.

And since her stupid sensei wouldn't show up, all she could do was observe everyone else's jonin senseis.

Sara's sensei showed up first. He was smoking a cigarette, and introduced himself as Asuma Sarutobi. Akari knew he was already an existing sensei of the new Ino-Shika-Cho. He'd probably be busier with his old team, unless he managed to balance time between them and his new apprentice.

However, it made sense considering she was a Yamanaka. Akari hadn't really talked to her often, except normal conversations. The only conversation that Akari remembered making with the older girl was when she was slipping her Akio's address, hoping she'd spread it through the entire fan-club, which she did.

That was one heck of a sweet revenge.

And Akio deserved every bit of it.

Akari smirked to herself remembering. Anyways, Akio's master was the second one to show up. (Yes, the jerk graduated too.) He had a senbon sticking out of a corner of his mouth, and a bandana on his head, introducing himself as Genma Shiranui.